• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Summary Execution List"

Collapse

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I used to think she was a bit of a fox: Dawn

But your picture has put me right off.
    <shudder> <shudder>

Any hole is not a goal when it's DP.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    a simpering simpleton of a Labour MP called "Red" Dawn ("Dim Prawn") Primarolo, formerly a treasury minister who introduced IR35. She was also responsible for and cocked up the Child Tax credit system, and later had to apologise to Parliament for misleading MPs about this fiasco.

It's surprisingly hard to find an image of her, but there's one here
    I used to think she was a bit of a fox: Dawn

But your picture has put me right off.
    Last edited by Doggy Styles; 17 January 2009, 18:37.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    You should have asked

Never heard of them before, but their profile of "accelerated growth" has the alarm bells ringing here. Probably more bothered about the next acquisition than providing customer service.
    That's remarkably incisive. One of their partners once said to me "Perception is everything". Which clearly shows that his view is that actually delivering is optional (especially as the provable and documented quality of what they ended up delivering). Or, as one of my colleagues succintly put it. "**** perception".

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    I think I can summarize that: -

people
    Hell is other people - Jean Paul Sartre

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    She has a bit of a fish face, not helped by those bubbles in the back ground.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    The Swiss bureaucrat who decided that part of the requirements to pass the local equivalent of the MOT is a steam-cleaned engine.
    You should have asked

Finally, the entire partnership of Lodestone Consulting.
    Never heard of them before, but their profile of "accelerated growth" has the alarm bells ringing here. Probably more bothered about the next acquisition than providing customer service.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    People who smoke outside, walking on the path in front of me when I've gone out for a spot of fresh air.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Is there another one?
    a simpering simpleton of a Labour MP called "Red" Dawn ("Dim Prawn") Primarolo, formerly a treasury minister who introduced IR35. She was also responsible for and cocked up the Child Tax credit system, and later had to apologise to Parliament for misleading MPs about this fiasco.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    The Swiss bureaucrat who decided that part of the requirements to pass the local equivalent of the MOT is a steam-cleaned engine.

And Simon Cowell.

And Dim Prawn (not, not our one).

Is there another one?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

And Simon Cowell.

And Dim Prawn (not, not our one).

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    17. Email spammers, I would have to come up with something especially nasty in the execution method for these people. Torturing to death over a couple of excruciating months would be far too good for them

Leave a comment:

• TCL
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    If anyone reclines a seat on us on a short / medium haul flight then we just let our six year old sit in the seat behind them and kick the back of the seat repeatedly until they get the message. Failing that, it's the old sharp push on the back of the seat just as they are putting a drink to their lips.
    Not that I would ever put my seat back on a plane (except in business class) but I was on the receiving end of this particular method of in-flight torture for 12 hours from LA to Heathrow in 2000.

Did I say anything to the kid or his parents? Of course not, I'm British! I just sat and quietly fumed the whole flight.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    People who jam the seat back as fast as they can without looking behind them first.
    If anyone reclines a seat on us on a short / medium haul flight then we just let our six year old sit in the seat behind them and kick the back of the seat repeatedly until they get the message. Failing that, it's the old sharp push on the back of the seat just as they are putting a drink to their lips.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    People who are intolerant of other people's habits.

I would suggest that the problem lies more with the person being intolerant, than the transgressor themselves.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    People who insist on taking 50 kilos of hand luggage on to planes and then take up all the luggage space for the whole row.

People who barge to the front of the queue to get on the bus to travel to said aircraft and then stand in the doorway meaning that everyone else has to squeeze past them. I presume this is so that they're first on the aircraft and so can jam their cases in the luggage space.

People who jump out of their seat as soon as plane wheels hit tarmac and start unloading baggage into other peoples laps before racing down the aisle to get off first.

People who think they're going to get an email on their f'ing blackberry at 60,000 ft and so subtly check it every five mins.

People who can't control the volume on their ipods.

People who jam the seat back as fast as they can without looking behind them first.

People who don't apologise when they smack a baby in the head with their seat causing it to cry for the next hour.

People who take babies on flights

I think that's about it at the mo.

I think I can summarize that: -

people

Leave a comment:

Working...
X