• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Date with an agent

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Date with an agent"

Collapse

• jmo21
    replied
    not some of the folk on here anyway

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Turion View Post
    References for Food! This downturn must be getting real bad. If you want a free meal, I'm sure that there's a homeless shelter near you. Probably a nicer bunch to spend the evening with as well.
    I concur.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    Well, had my date last night

and as expected he did try and get some leads. I did give him on under his cover of a reference.

he was a nice enough guy, and i got a free dinner and couple of pints out of it

References for Food! This downturn must be getting real bad. If you want a free meal, I'm sure that there's a homeless shelter near you. Probably a nicer bunch to spend the evening with as well.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Well, had my date last night

and as expected he did try and get some leads. I did give him on under his cover of a reference.

he was a nice enough guy, and i got a free dinner and couple of pints out of it

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by Stan.goodvibes View Post
    My city agent invited me to an Agency drinks party - given that the agency mostly dealt with temps it was an outstanding ratio of hot office temp tottie (HOTT) to contractors.

I was at the time coercing a fellow permy to go contracting so invited him to the agency do on the promise of large amounts of HOTT. I was a little naiive at the time so eventually he had to spell it out for me half way thru the do - he was gay.

Oh well. GREAT party tho
    did u pump him?!

Leave a comment:

• Stan.goodvibes
    replied
    My city agent invited me to an Agency drinks party - given that the agency mostly dealt with temps it was an outstanding ratio of hot office temp tottie (HOTT) to contractors.

I was at the time coercing a fellow permy to go contracting so invited him to the agency do on the promise of large amounts of HOTT. I was a little naiive at the time so eventually he had to spell it out for me half way thru the do - he was gay.

Oh well. GREAT party tho

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    I've only done it once. I ended up paying the bill

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    In that kind of situation, aren't you tempted to deliberately and obviously leer the whole way through just for fun?
    Just as long as I dont start to dribble.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    In that kind of situation, aren't you tempted to deliberately and obviously leer the whole way through just for fun?
    tempted? What kind of contractor are you? The zeitgeist requires and expects it!

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Try and get the receipt

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I went for coffee with a pimp yesterday afternoon. she was a top piece of totty.

she failed the test though. did not show enough cleavage......

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I went for coffee with a pimp yesterday afternoon. she was a top piece of totty.

she failed the test though. did not show enough cleavage......

Leave a comment:

• Stan.goodvibes
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    well, at least i get a free dinner - do i have to put out?!
    I'd put out - these are difficult times

Leave a comment:

• Peter Loew
    replied
    Haha, I ended up dating one of my previous agents for a couple of months, she was fit

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    sadly, it's not a woman I am meeting

Leave a comment:

Working...
X