• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Security Clearance

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Security Clearance"

Collapse

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by happyroggat View Post
    My SC application was submitted by last client, couple of weeks prior to my contract been canned at the end of September.

Client has said they will inform me they received confirmation that i have been cleared.

Its been nearly 3.5 months now, I have not heard anything. Besides bugging the client, is there a way the progress can be checked ?
    Blimey that is quite a wait. Still, if I have to wait that long at least I can finish the current contract

Leave a comment:

• happyroggat
    replied
    My SC application was submitted by last client, couple of weeks prior to my contract been canned at the end of September.

Client has said they will inform me they received confirmation that i have been cleared.

Its been nearly 3.5 months now, I have not heard anything. Besides bugging the client, is there a way the progress can be checked ?

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Developed Vetting.

Linky.
    Ah - handy link - thanks. I think mine is only CTC so not the greasy finger up the I hope.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    What is BC? Background checks? Wouldn't this be part of security clearance?

...so I'm going to get a load of forms through then ginger? I thought they'd just set the spooks loose on me...
    BC used to be "Basic Clearance" I think - it's not applicable any more, as it wasn't a "real" security check. It's the most basic, and is used by some organizations as a quick check without going too deep.

Then it became EBS (Extended Baseline Standard) - I think this is now BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standard).

SC has one pink form to complete, and a separate form to complete any criminal convictions, which goes in an envelope which is attached to the form.

Whatever you do - DON'T LIE!!! It's the lies that stop you getting the clearance, rather than the disclosures (more often than not).

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by TCL View Post
    "Developed Vetted"...I think...its been a long time since I went through that particular fun packed experience. Especially the 2nd time when my stories didn't tie up re: things I may or may not have smoked at some point.

Mind you, as a phrase it makes no sense. Probably "Deep" or "Double" or something.

Top tip: Tell 'em the truth, no matter how bad.
    Developed Vetting.

Linky.

Leave a comment:

• TCL
    replied
    "Developed Vetted"...I think...its been a long time since I went through that particular fun packed experience. Especially the 2nd time when my stories didn't tie up re: things I may or may not have smoked at some point.

Mind you, as a phrase it makes no sense. Probably "Deep" or "Double" or something.

Top tip: Tell 'em the truth, no matter how bad.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    If it’s DV you will, I had a guy interview me at home for 4-5 hours, he interviewed all 3 of my referees as well.

Nosey gits.
    Sorry please stop talking in acronyms - I'm new to this

DV?

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied

...so I'm going to get a load of forms through then ginger? I thought they'd just set the spooks loose on me...
    B C = Basic Clearance... I think.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    SC was 5 years for a contractor, my last renewal (Aug 08) was only for 3 though.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    Five months first time. Two months second time.
    Interesting - how long does it last for then? ...How long does it take for someone to be "turned"...

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied

If it’s DV you will, I had a guy interview me at home for 4-5 hours, he interviewed all 3 of my referees as well.

Nosey gits.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
    How very Ron Atkinson of you.
    you know that's not what I meant

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Five months first time. Two months second time.

Leave a comment:

• Pickle2
    replied
    I thought they'd just set the spooks loose on me...
    How very Ron Atkinson of you.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X