• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Energy price complaint"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    my monthly payments have gone up from £21 for gas and leccy to £134

i told scottish power to sod off and managed to come to an agreement of a better payment

I though energy prices were "supposed" to come down in accordance with the falling oil prices??

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Energy costs

Cost per kWh of various fuels

Wood (forestry chip)....1.60
    Wood pellets............3.10
    Oil.....................4.00
    Gas.....................2.20
    Coal....................1.10
    Electricity.............8.80

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    As the cost to them has fallen ....It's criminal that they are not now lowering prices as fast as they put them up.

Leave a comment:

• Solidec
    replied
    I moved into a new flat at the end of Nov, its got no central ehating, only runs on electric.

God knows what my bills will be like, but i hope they have been somewhat protected from the craziness in gas prices. At present I am paying the same with EDF as is charged by Ecotricity, so I may well switch to the greener kind of stuff once my first quarterly bill is in.

Last year, 1 bed flat, dual fuel was paying on average £35 a month to heat it, which was super duper.

Whats going on now is insane

Leave a comment:

• NetwkSupport
    replied
    on the flip side it is getting harder and therefore more expensive for exploration, licensing, facilitation and processing of oil & gas as its running out and getting harder to find good sources (hence the antarctic oil fields uproar).

what would happen if they reduced prices and ran out of money trying to find and farm more sources?

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    I got a response from EON today - something about F'off, we'll do what we want and we have no plans to reduce prices.

Leave a comment:

• dinker
    replied
    So start your own energy company and make lots of money.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I pay £150 per month for gas and electric. But its a 4 bed, 3 reception room house. with lots of electrical appliances. and a double bath. and air conditioning.
    That's still a lot considering you live in the tropical south. I feel much better about my £170 quarterly gas bill now.

PS what is a double bath, is it for orgies?

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    We pay a lot because we burn special golden gas which they import directly from Mars and use electric which is made from crushed diamonds. Apparantly.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I pay £150 per month for gas and electric. But its a 4 bed, 3 reception room house. with lots of electrical appliances. and a double bath. and air conditioning.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    Just wrote to my Gas and Electric provider to complain about their prices. Really bugs me how the energy companies are ripping off the public.
    Cheap energy just adds to Global Warming.

There should be a huge tax on energy to save the world from frying.

Brrrrrrrrrr.

Leave a comment:

• TheVoice
    replied
    If enough people complained & refused to be ripped off, they'd have to do something positive for the UK & charge less.

Good on ya, If only more CUKers had fight in them & didnt just accept it because 'thats the way it is'

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Just reduced y major charge from 24p to 15p a therm approx after changing to Ebico..... nice !! Have a look on Uswitch !!

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    That's why they get a winter fuel allowance.

Plus, they must get plenty of cardies and jumpers every birthday and Christmas, so they can just wrap up warm.
    IIRC it doesn't cover the costs

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Papa Maji wa Maji View Post
    just got a gas bill from E-On for 400 quid last quarter....I'm like "am I heating the neighbours house as well now?"
    Write to them and complain. My last quarterly bill was over £500.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X