• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Terrorists are everywhere"

Collapse

• Chico
    replied
    Originally posted by steve'O
    I don't agree with all your arguments/blame for one religion or the other.
    In point of fact.... just to show you I don't agree, I'm gonna get onto the local 101 bus and detonate my sandwich box..probably will take out 3 OAP's and the local nutter ..I will claim it is the oppression of this Thread that did it ..And I will live forever as a martyr in Contractor heaven!

erm...ok... so which part of my argument do you agree with then?

Leave a comment:

• steve'O
    replied
    I don't agree with all your arguments/blame for one religion or the other.
    In point of fact.... just to show you I don't agree, I'm gonna get onto the local 101 bus and detonate my sandwich box..probably will take out 3 OAP's and the local nutter ..I will claim it is the oppression of this Thread that did it ..And I will live forever as a martyr in Contractor heaven!

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    I say every immigrant pledge allegiance to the Queen.

Leave a comment:

• John Galt
    replied
    There are many out there who are motivated by hatred of our society.

Then I wonder why so many want to live in it?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I suggest some bleating about tolerance check out just the more balanced and Muslim sites and see how much freedom an Islamic state actually allows to non-Muslims, especially atheists. See what freedoms they actually have even under moderate states like Malaysia. Now check out how many Islamic scholars or sites are calling for Islamic states in the West. Now consider how these calls will go down among an immigrant underclass who feel they are excluded.

Much as I hate to do so, and even given that his own crazy actions have raised the UK's profile as a target, I have to agree with Blair. There are many out there who are motivated by hatred of our society.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    I appreciate Tolerism not Terrorism.........
    Tolerism??? I guess thats a word in the atheist dictionary. Maybe you meant tolerance - if you did then I will refer you to this quote - "Love thy neighbour as you love yourself". Any idea where that quote come from? Clue - from the same person who brought you the parable of The Good Samaritan.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Quite!
    So how do you deal with an intolerant religion or regime?
    Tolerate it untill it pervades everything or bite the bullet and do something about it?

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    yes to appreciate tolerism you must also understand what drives people / groups to terrorism.

Leave a comment:

• steve'O
    replied

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Eat my shorts!
    What a futile thread, you will all cuss and shout at one another untill you alll start shooting at each other!
    1 God, 2 Gods, 10 Gods, who gives a damn?
    The religous teachings (From whatever religion) are meant to be a book of Instruction/Morals written in times when most people were afraid of there own shadows. Not to be enforced on others
    Now stop making excuses for ANY religion killing or maiming innocent persons in the name of a religious cause.
    And if you are so against Imperialism (Whatever that was when the school map was mainly Red!!) then move your Capitalist Contracting backside out to somewhere that you do like, and give someone else a chance.........Ahmen!
    wow - where did that come from Bart.

The long and short is people should not be killing other people........

Leave a comment:

• steve'O
    replied
    Eat my shorts!
    What a futile thread, you will all cuss and shout at one another untill you alll start shooting at each other!
    1 God, 2 Gods, 10 Gods, who gives a damn?
    The religous teachings (From whatever religion) are meant to be a book of Instruction/Morals written in times when most people were afraid of there own shadows. Not to be enforced on others
    Now stop making excuses for ANY religion killing or maiming innocent persons in the name of a religious cause.
    And if you are so against Imperialism (Whatever that was when the school map was mainly Red!!) then move your Capitalist Contracting backside out to somewhere that you do like, and give someone else a chance.........Ahmen!

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    LG - I know you are trying to be controversial so let me just state this to dispel any doubt. I worsihop the God to of the Bible, who became a man (Jesus Christ) to die for my sins. Christians do not worship any other god!!!
    No controversy intended mate, I am quoting (well paraphrasing I suppose) from the Koran.
    I know what you believe in, it is that others said you worship a different chap to the muslims.
    What I was pointing out is that Christians and Muslims believe in the same god (according to the muslims).
    The difference is the way you worship and your beliefs on the father son and holy spirit which islam says is blasphemy/heresy.
    Many of the old testament characters are central to islam, noah, jonah and moses can all be found directly referenced in the koran, as can others. Jesus is a central character in islam, but as a prophet, not the son of god. To some the story of jesus in the koran is more acceptable than the biblical jesus.

No question of your faith from me, as I have said before, I hope it brings confort to you. I just wish you would stop trying to foist it on me.
    You still never answered me when I asked why, when you are so willing to believe in god that you chose the biblical over the koranic when any eveidence that exists gives islam far more plausability than christianity.

edit PS. That last bit is bait OK!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    LG - I know you are trying to be controversial so let me just state this to dispel any doubt. I worsihop the God to of the Bible, who became a man (Jesus Christ) to die for my sins. Christians do not worship any other god!!!

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Couple of points.

1. Chicos god and Islams god are one and the same, he is not worshipping the wrong god he is worshipping him in the wrong way which will leave him just as damned!

2. How do you people know that the muslims are wrong, their Jihad may be the only thing that will save the world.

3. We never had Islamic terrorism in the UK because we had a covenant of peace with Islam, they wont touch us as long as we dont threaten them, what this meant to us is that we are actualy the seat of Islamic terrorism. They were protected by us and would not touch us but would plan train and finance from our shores.

4. Any attrocity done in the name of Allah can be attributed to Islam as a whole as the Koran says it should be and also says that those who do works, even wrong works, in the name of the almighty must be praised. You will often hear muslims say how upset they are about the act, but will rarely if ever hear them condemn the perpatrators. Suicide may be frowned upon in Islam, but an act of Jihad and therefore martyrdom is fully praised, its a matter of which you believe will take precedence at judgement.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    NSW From the said website.....

About the List of Terrorist Attacks

This list, of nearly 3,000 terrorist attacks committed by Muslims since 9/11/01 (a rate better than two per day), is incomplete because not all attacks were picked up by international news sources, even those involving multiple loss of life. We included an attack if it were committed by Muslims in the name of Islam, and usually only if loss of life occurred (with a handful of exceptions where there were a very large number of injuries). In several cases, the victims are undercounted because deaths from trauma caused by the Islamists may occur in latter days, despite the best efforts of medical personnel to keep the victims alive.

We usually avoided including acts occurring in combat situations, such as Iraq and Afghanistan, unless they involved particularly heinous terrorist tactics. Unprovoked sniper, drive-by or roadside bombing attacks on military personnel serving normal police duties are sometimes included when available.

Unfortunately, this list of Muslim terrorist attacks barely scratches the surface of atrocities committed in the name of Islam that occur world-wide each day. For that reason, we don't tally up the dead and dismembered.

The ridiculous level of violence that Islam serves up to the world makes it impossible to compile a complete list.

We hope that this site can at least educate ordinary people to the threat that the "Religion of Peace" poses across the globe, and put into perspective complaints over "Islamophobia."

Who knows - perhaps one day Muslims will have a change of heart and take the sort of action that one might expect of people who believe that it really is wrong to kill in the name of their religion. We'll know when this happens because it will be when Islam exchanges petty complaining for true contrition, and roots out the extremist elements to end the violence, as opposed to offering occasional lip service that is designed merely to appeal to Western sensibilities.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X