• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who said that hairdresser is a recession-proof job?"

Collapse

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    The rest is dye and toner work.
    Just go grey like the rest of the oldies.

If you must try to pretend to be younger, you can get a cheap blue rinse at the local hairdresser training college, so my gran tells me.

I bought her some diy blue stuff for christmas. Doubles as anti-freeze apparently, so the bloke at Halfords told me.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    WTF???

You're not serious are you?
    Yup.

About 10 mins of that is actual cutting, since I'm growing my hair long, so it's just loose ends and the neck hair that needs removing.

The rest is dye and toner work.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    WTF???

He was referring to World of WarCraft hairdressing job he keeps to make money there: £ there denotes "gold pieces"...

Allegedly.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    £8 ?

Your're having a laugh right ?

Mine's £130, with tip.

4 hours work, mind.
    WTF???

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Eight quid still seems pretty pricey for a haircut.
    £8 ?

Your're having a laugh right ?

Mine's £130, with tip.

4 hours work, mind.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
    Can't see many cheeper places going under - but some of the larger salons will suffer.

saloons

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Sorry guy's - I go to the hairdressers to have my hair cut - not listen to idle chit-chat. Use to go to one of those posh places £44.00 for a cut - but found a good local one which is much less then half the price.

Full of chav's most of the time having the two tone - black'n'blond look done which is good for a laugh I suppose

Can't see many cheeper places going under - but some of the larger salons will suffer.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Why some of them think a new set of nails will make them look less of a muffin topped badger's arse is beyond me
    so when they do the close up pop shots their nails do not look taggy??!

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    It's a social therapy and pampering session women pay for IMO, where they get to hear and speak the latest gossip and generally yap about nothing while having their hair twiddled with. This is nirvana for woman, and hell for men.

We have a winner!

Women love all the pampering. The 'haircut' is merely the excuse to pop along once a month to catch up on the gossip and get some tlc. Maybe they're not getting enough at home.

Same reason why they go for all that beauty treatment. A friend's wife earns plenty redoing her bimbo clients nails each month. Why some of them think a new set of nails will make them look less of a muffin topped badger's arse is beyond me.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko View Post
    I'd rather pay the price difference myself rather than having to listen hours over the haircut mistakes.
    It's a social therapy and pampering session women pay for IMO, where they get to hear and speak the latest gossip and generally yap about nothing while having their hair twiddled with. This is nirvana for woman, and hell for men.

Mind you, I like the feeling of the buzzer thing on the nape of the neck. Maybe this is a relic from our social grooming (nit-picking) days.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by Liability View Post
    True but you just slap her and kick her out. Simple.
    I'd rather pay the price difference myself rather than having to listen hours over the haircut mistakes.

Leave a comment:

• Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It's not the time but risk based - who do you think will cause you more problems because of mistake in haircut - man or woman?
    True but you just slap her and kick her out. Simple.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I dont beleive it takes 3-4 times longer - its just part of the con and rip off.
    It's not the time but risk based - who do you think will cause you more problems because of mistake in haircut - man or woman?

Leave a comment:

• Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko View Post
    Well, it takes 3 or 4 times longer to do a proper female haircut. They are willing to pay the price difference so what's wrong with that? Do contractors rules only apply to ourselves?
    Hell Yeh!

I dont beleive it takes 3-4 times longer - its just part of the con and rip off. Womens hair is actually easier to cut if its longer. In fact you could have a sack and crack wax and that would be more challengining yet cheaper.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Like in London there is a surcharge for cutting hair longer than 1.5 or 2 inches I think

Leave a comment:

Working...
X