• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Whine at Posh Restaurant"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    That's because the more erudite and cultured among us prefer HP Sauce.
    or Worcester Sauce. Yum

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    No, anything other than salt on a steak and salt & vinegar on chips is a travesty. A little gravy is also acceptable, as long as this is mostly comprised of the animal juices.

If they coat your steak with a creamy coloured substance, it is ruined (why do they do that?) as it is impossible to remove this completely, even by vigorous scrapping and ordering a clean plate.
    Well a really good steak doesn’t need any sauce at all, but how often do you get a really good steak in restaurants?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    No, anything other than salt on a steak and salt & vinegar on chips is a travesty. A little gravy is also acceptable, as long as this is mostly comprised of the animal juices.

If they coat your steak with a creamy coloured substance, it is ruined (why do they do that?) as it is impossible to remove this completely, even by vigorous scrapping and ordering a clean plate.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I suppose you could always learn English...
    to become human

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    What bothers me the most is that when you ask for some "Daddies Sauce" they look at you like you are some sort of freak.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I just want steak and chips. If your chef is so bloody clever, how come he can't make that?
    Just dont ask for ketchup on it......

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    I don't think it will be necessary. Most communication here seems to be done by grunting.

For a while I thought that it might be a good idea for me to take a maori language course because my English brain is finding some of the place names a little intimidating, but it turns out that no two locals pronounce a place name the same anyway so I don't think it will matter.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    I suppose you could always pay a hooker.......

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Seeing you make a fool of yourself through an error of punctuation so apposite to your rancid nature is one of the things that makes this forum worthwhile

Don't ever leave, tay; we all need an imbecile to mock, and you fill the shoes perfectly
    I suppose you could always pay a hooker.......

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    cant
    Seeing you make a fool of yourself through an error of punctuation so apposite to your rancid nature is one of the things that makes this forum worthwhile

Don't ever leave, tay; we all need an imbecile to mock, and you fill the shoes perfectly

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    I just want steak and chips. If your chef is so bloody clever, how come he can't make that?
    The same reason you never get any sex with females, it is not a case of cant, its a case of want.....

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    What bothers me the most is that when you ask for some "Daddies Sauce" they look at you like you are some sort of freak.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    started a topic Whine at Posh Restaurant

Whine at Posh Restaurant

Working...
X