• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Wine At Posh Restaurant"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    1436 Massaya, Gold Reserve, Bekaa Valley 2004 65.00 (Lebanon; fantastic wines, sensible prices)

What he said << 0x0a;

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    So in summary you spent over £200 and didn’t even get a shag

Better luck next time
    No, in summary I went 50/50 on the bill so spent £100, I didnt get a shag but I didn't go out with her with that intention in mind, though if she had been really ******* fit I might have changed my mind. I just wanted a quality night out at a top restaurant with a classy / intelligent women and thats what I got.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post

Better luck next time
    Yes, and if the police report doesn't use the words "alcohol was a factor" then you're doing it wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied

Better luck next time

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    I almost never drink French wine any more. Apologies to you and to Francko if you assumed that I was taking French wine as standard. Italy over France is no contest.
    You are forgiven as long as you also admit Fiat and AlfaRomeo supremacy over Renault and Peugeout.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
    Apperently she was in her younger years, she won the national Mr Butlins or Pontins in the mid 60's when it was a big thing, and best legs in some other comp, but I have NEVER fancied my mum
    So did my missus. What a co-incidence.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    In the end we went for this red £30 a bottle was not offensive at all Cahors, “Le Combal”.
    so only a 250% mark up on the wholesale price then

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    In the end we went for this red £30 a bottle was not offensive at all Cahors, “Le Combal”.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I'm with Francko on this one, but I have no idea what the selection of Italian wines is like in the UK. Here in NL it's very good, and you'll generally get much better value for your euros from Italy than France.
    I almost never drink French wine any more. Apologies to you and to Francko if you assumed that I was taking French wine as standard. Italy over France is no contest.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Apperently she was in her younger years, she won the national Mr Butlins or Pontins in the mid 60's when it was a big thing, and best legs in some other comp, but I have NEVER fancied my mum

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I have NEVER fancied my mum
    That's why you took the girl who looks like her into posh restaurant...

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Is your mum a looker then?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Nah I had met her before couple weeks back but I was rather drunk at time and her facebook picture looked great when sober and not like my mum. She has actually just texted me saying 'what a lovely night she had' , may be I might change my mind got to get over the mum thing though , also just want a bit of fun at the moment
    Is your mum a looker then?

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Was it blind (internet) date then? Try cheaper first date restaurant next time.
    Nah I had met her before couple weeks back but I was rather drunk at time and her facebook picture looked great when sober and not like my mum. She has actually just texted me saying 'what a lovely night she had' , may be I might change my mind got to get over the mum thing though , also just want a bit of fun at the moment
    Last edited by Bumfluff; 31 December 2008, 01:24.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I just didnt fancy her in the end reminded me of my mum too much just couldnt go there, really nice girl though.
    Was it blind (internet) date then? Try cheaper first date restaurant next time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X