• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Have you had flu yet?"

Collapse

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    Had one week off
    Then went in for a week pumped full of caffeine, paracetamol and ibuprofen
    Now I'm off for 2 weeks anyway
    but still got it.

Leave a comment:

• Cheshire Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    I had it bad for 4 days and am not just getting to the end of it. My son then had a fever for 3 days and now has a bad cough.
    OMG. 4 days? You sure it wasn't SARS?

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I had a cold, broken toe and an upset stomach a few weeks back, the permies in the office kept telling me if I felt that bad I really should go home, they were most impressed that I battled on... they just don't understand that illness is incompatible with invoicing.

Every day I went home sick as a dog wishing I was a permy though.
    I know the feeling. I once was soo sick I left early. i had to use the toilet three times on the 45min. journey home. I felt embarrassed to ask for a seat so just sat on the floor next to the toilet.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    Maybe Im 49 next year but no flu and not a day off all year either.

I think a lot of illness is a reflection of your (un)happiness. ..
    WHS

I had an autumn cold a couple of months ago, but so mild it was hardly noticeable and only lasted a couple of days.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    I had it bad for 4 days and am not just getting to the end of it. My son then had a fever for 3 days and now has a bad cough.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Guy next to me is sneezing and sniffing - just hope I don't get it!
    too late. just take some tissues out with you on new years eve

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Maybe Im 49 next year but no flu and not a day off all year either.

I think a lot of illness is a reflection of your (un)happiness.

Is Alf happy ?

If I had a tail - I would wag it.

Bigger and Better.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Guy next to me is sneezing and sniffing - just hope I don't get it!

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    yup - just had it as did the wife and kids - so I haven't been able to work for a week. Kids on anti-biotics and wife and I trying to get rid of the nasty cough. Really struggled to get to the supermarket for food yesterday (no internet grocery delivery slots left) and the cold aisles were freezing!

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I had a cold, broken toe and an upset stomach a few weeks back, the permies in the office kept telling me if I felt that bad I really should go home, they were most impressed that I battled on... they just don't understand that illness is incompatible with invoicing.

Every day I went home sick as a dog wishing I was a permy though.

Leave a comment:

• Cheshire Cat
    replied
    I might add that pretty much everyone with a sniffle in my office this year has had "a bit of flu" (but they battle on the brave little warriors).

Their's is the strain that requires a lie in on Saturday morning and a curry on Saturday night to sort out. Plus a bit of coughing and whinging around the office, of course.

Leave a comment:

• Cheshire Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Have you had flu yet?
    No. Never.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Had stomach flu all weekend.

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Had two colds whilst being benched - nearly always use to come down with something as a permie as soon as I tok a holiday.

Never ever had flu in my life - but I suppose there is always time.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I was in bed all weekend with a temperature floating between 101-105F the whole time. Nice when the bed is so drenched with sweat it takes hours to dry... wife was worried enough at 105F to call the out of hours doctor phoneline.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X