• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Weak job market

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weak job market"

Collapse

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Bent out of shape
    By Societys Pliars
    Voice lost in the gargle of the rat-race choir
    Cares not to get any higher
    But get you in the hole that he's in ...

... altough the rules - of the Road have been lodged
    Its only peoples Games Ma - you gotta dodge
    But its all right Ma
    Im only Bleedin'

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Ah, but isn't the prevailing wisdom that if you are in a hole, you should stop digging?
    No, that's just wisdom, but it's not prevailing.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    To survive she'll have to dig deep.
    Ah, but isn't the prevailing wisdom that if you are in a hole, you should stop digging?

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I know an archaeologist who has just been given the bullet. 7 days before Christmas. And one of her colleagues.
    To survive she'll have to dig deep.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    I know an archaeologist who has just been given the bullet. 7 days before Christmas. And one of her colleagues.

Scheisse. That could put his whole future on the Rocks !!!

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
    Morgan Stanley employees got notice of there pay increases and bonuses last week, no pay increases for anyone and my ex was expecting at least £20k but bonus got £2k . I should feel sorry for my ex really but I don't she never believed me when I told her 'Banks show no loyalty so don't work you ass off just go contracting', so she worked her ass off and now has jack to show for it, god I hate being right
    Sorry to hear that - but your Ex displays as they used to say in the post Soviet Union 'The Old way of thinking' ie harder I work the more reward I am due - sorry that no longer applys - it seems that the new post-freemarket rule is - the more gigantic the screwup the more gigantic the payoff/bailout - if youre at the top that is.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    January is going to be brutal.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Hmmmm...I never really thought of archaeology as a cyclical industry.

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    Morgan Stanley employees got notice of there pay increases and bonuses last week, no pay increases for anyone and my ex was expecting at least £20k but bonus got £2k . I should feel sorry for my ex really but I don't she never believed me when I told her 'Banks show no loyalty so don't work you ass off just go contracting', so she worked her ass off and now has jack to show for it, god I hate being right

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    Yep - when the post-Xmas results start coming in. Right now the tide is way out - but the "bankruptcy tsunami" is just over the horizon...
    WHS

Its going to be a bad January. Lots of employers waiting until xmas over.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Look at it on the bright side. At least my mortgage will be zero !!

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Is next year the real begin of the "downturn" ?
    Yep - when the post-Xmas results start coming in. Right now the tide is way out - but the "bankruptcy tsunami" is just over the horizon...

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Weak job market expected

hmm

In the Autumn statement the chancellor quoted a figure of £5 billion as public sector efficiencies, this can be taken to suggest 100,000 jobs to be lost.

Posted by Robert Priday | 22.12.08, 08:57 GMT
    Ouch.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    started a topic Weak job market

Weak job market

Weak job market expected

hmm

Working...
X