• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Greedy vending machines"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    My brother used to work for Mars Vending in Slough.

Every Friday he came home with a large bag of extremely cheap mars confectionary.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Many years ago, when I were nowt but a graduate trainee, we were undergoing a 6 week orientation/induction/learn the basics of COBOL course at the British Gas Northern training centre. One hapless trainee lost his 10p in the machine, as the mars bar got caught on the swirly things on it's way down. The ex-olympic rower/rugby player trainee, helpfully tipped the machine to dislodge the mars bar.

Two days later, hapless and rower were in a disciplinary for nicking a marsbar from the vending machine, with a few of use who saw the incident as witnesses.

The complaint was withdrawn after we had a "word" with the jobsworth who'd shopped them.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Oh dear - at least you can console yourself with the thought that in the time it took to create this thread, you more than earned that sum back
    ...and his loss is one eurocent less than it was when he put the 20p coin in the machine.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Stole my 20p
    Oh dear - at least you can console yourself with the thought that in the time it took to create this thread, you more than earned that sum back

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    managers
    shhhhhh - I try to keep within IR35. I prefer the term "Authorizer that work is complete"......

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    You are allowed an axe at clientco? I am jealous. If I had an axe I would not have many users left.
    managers

Leave a comment:

• Joe1978
    replied
    i went to buy a packet of steak mccoys from the vedy in a travel lodge only to find that they were 80p!!! i know for a fact they only paid 50p for them from macro last week!

chancers!

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    You are allowed an axe at clientco? I am jealous. If I had an axe I would not have many users left.
    I believe there's one in the boot of my car still there from bonfire night

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I'm thinking of just taking an axe to it.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Is there a phone number on so you can ask for it back? 999?
    I'm thinking of just taking an axe to it.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Stole my 20p
    Is there a phone number on so you can ask for it back? 999?

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    started a topic Greedy vending machines

Greedy vending machines

Stole my 20p

Working...
X