• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What should I buy????"

Collapse

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    you can't get anything from lush for £5
    Yes you can.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    The best £5 Secret Santa present is a £5 note.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    You should have bought her the two bars of soap then you'd find out.
    Unfortunately she's a lawyer.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I drew out a French lady in our £5 secret santa. I bought her the latest Colemanballs, at £4.99 from WH Smiths.

It's the one with Rio Ferdinand on the front saying that since club captain Gary Neville has been out injured, Ryan Giggs has taken on the mantlepiece.

The French do have a sense of humour don't they? We do it on Friday so I'll let you know.
    You should have bought her the two bars of soap then you'd find out.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I drew out a French lady in our £5 secret santa. I bought her the latest Colemanballs, at £4.99 from WH Smiths.

It's the one with Rio Ferdinand on the front saying that since club captain Gary Neville has been out injured, Ryan Giggs has taken on the mantlepiece.

The French do have a sense of humour don't they? We do it on Friday so I'll let you know.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    What about a £5 voucher for HMV/iTunes?

Leave a comment:

• Scotchpie
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post

Bought. Thanks for the link.

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by Scotchpie View Post
    Help.

We are having a Secret Santa on Friday. I've to buy something for a fiver for the new apprentice who is a 17 year old girl.

What should I buy? I'm completely lost. Suggestions sort.
    Buy her something from Boots, possibly something from near the Pharmacy Counter.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by Scotchpie View Post
    Help.

We are having a Secret Santa on Friday. I've to buy something for a fiver for the new apprentice who is a 17 year old girl.

What should I buy? I'm completely lost. Suggestions sort.
    Plato's Phraedo.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Advocate View Post
    More importantly does being included in the secret santa affect your ir35 status?
    I just have a secret santa between me and the company secretary just to be certain.

Leave a comment:

• Advocate
    replied
    More importantly does being included in the secret santa affect your ir35 status?

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    you can't get anything from lush for £5
    lush - secret santa gift £4.89

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Either you haven't been around many 17-year-old girls lately, or my imagination is lacking.
    true, true.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    get her a couple of euros.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Isn't a 17 year old a minor? Maybe watch Eastenders on demand and see what Tony buys Whitney.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X