• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The 90p Euro has arrived..."

Collapse

• Scotchpie
    replied
    I think it was either on News 24 or The Andrew Marr Show yesterday when one interviewee was saying how Brown is thinking of quitting as PM next year because of the complete tulip he's made of the economy.

He knows its all downhill for the next decade and doesn't want to be involved in the clean up or for that matter the adoption of the Euro.

Rats deserting a sinking ship comes to mind.
    Last edited by Scotchpie; 15 December 2008, 08:36.

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    Next stop 1 : 1.

There would be no excuse for adopting the euro then.

Leave a comment:

• Beefy198
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    why did the buyer accept an offer in GBP and not Euros? guess they must be British?
    I misworded it slightly.

They have put an offer in in Euros, it has been agreed but the more this goes on the more GBP they have to throw towards it.

And sorry if the mother-in-law jibe wasn't obvious enough

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Oh dear, someone hasn't got the mother-in-law joke

He's worried he won't be able to get rid of her!
    I can see it now. Pressure to support the in-laws financially during the downturn, with the threat that otherwise they'll come and stay with you.

Oh, and though the traditional mother-in-law joke is told from the male perspective, it isn't too pleasant for the girls when their home gets dominated by their mother in law, either.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Do you know the difference between fact and opinion?
    I'm sure he knows that most of your opinions are a load of tulipe.

Back the the ignore list you go...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by themistry View Post
    but my original statement was fact rather than opinion...

Do you know the difference between fact and opinion?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied

Leave a comment:

• themistry
    replied
    That's better.

Be well...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I'm very sorry AtW

That's better.

Be well...

Leave a comment:

• themistry
    replied
    That's not very nice.
    I'm very sorry AtW

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    ... retard
    That's not very nice.

Leave a comment:

• themistry
    replied
    Are you taking the piss?

You seriously think that people who can afford to bid for a house in foreign country should really be helped or thought over? It's a ****ing crisis right now, batten down the hatches and keep cash dry, even if it's in GBP.
    ... retard

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Are you taking the piss?

You seriously think that people who can afford to bid for a house in foreign country should really be helped or thought over? It's a ****ing crisis right now, batten down the hatches and keep cash dry, even if it's in GBP.
    Oh dear, someone hasn't got the mother-in-law joke

He's worried he won't be able to get rid of her!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Beefy198 View Post
    My mother-in-law and her partner put in an offer on a house in Portugal about two weeks ago.

[snip]

Consider people like me during this crisis.
    Are you taking the piss?

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by Beefy198 View Post
    My mother-in-law and her partner put in an offer on a house in Portugal about two weeks ago.

Unfortunately every day makes their offer less attractive to the seller (who has tentatively agreed it).

So the more this goes on, the less likely I am to get rid of her

Consider people like me during this crisis.
    why did the buyer accept an offer in GBP and not Euros? guess they must be British?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X