• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Does your lover spend your money"

Collapse

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Table dance for 1 then?

Nah, don't see the attraction in paying to be ***** teased. May as well spend the same amount on the full monty.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    I'm currently firmly in the mindset that a bird's for christmas, not for life.

Contracting wherever the work is has really done me over. Can no longer commit to anything, or anyone, for more than a matter of months!

At least all the money is mine to do with as I please.
    Table dance for 1 then?

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    I'm currently firmly in the mindset that a bird's for christmas, not for life.

Contracting wherever the work is has really done me over. Can no longer commit to anything, or anyone, for more than a matter of months!

At least all the money is mine to do with as I please.

Leave a comment:

• slickcontractor
    replied
    Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
    What a timely thread, since Fiance HC and myself are currently engaged in some "discussions" around this topic.

I work, well I turn up, and she doesn't. She is staying at home to bring up MiniMe who is 14 months old. I pay all the bills, including her credit cards which she ran up while we were single. I provide a brand new Focus which is taxed, insured and fuelled; while I drive round in her old Ka which I also tax, insure and MoT. She basically has to pay for nothing.

Now, I do not begrudge her any of this. I just wish the house was looked after, the magical underwear drawer was magical again and generally "home" was exactly that.

Instead she is always out and about and the house seems to be in a permanent state of disarray and she always claims to be tired.
    Now isnt that the story of my life.

haha

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    This woman is my hero!!
    I think she's my hero too but unfortunately she's already married

Leave a comment:

• Alan @ BroomeAffinity
    replied
    Mrs JM1T doesn't earn - she looks after the rugrats. She has free access to the money I earn and she can do with it as she wishes - within reason. We have a credit card which we use to buy most things on a day-to-day basis and it is paid off at the end of every month. Normally, the balance is £3k - £4k. About a month ago she left her card in Monsoon and the manager cut it up. I keep "forgetting" to order up a replacement. This month the bill was only £750.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    All our bank accounts are joint, including our ltdco's, and always have been. I earn the money, she manages the household. And does a very good job. We've been married over 18 years, and still going strong.
    Very similar to me.

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I spend money ON my husband.
    We have separate bank accounts.
    WSS

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    All our bank accounts are joint, including our ltdco's, and always have been. I earn the money, she manages the household. And does a very good job. We've been married over 18 years, and still going strong.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    You're not getting any then?
    But cash can buy nice hookers.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by deano View Post
    All my needs these days are emotional ones rather than material ones.
    You're not getting any then?

Leave a comment:

• deano
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    This woman is my hero!!

She doesn't work.
    She gets to control everything.
    She has you convinced you get too much cash.
    And she has you convinced she's some sort of modern day wife-Jesus!

I must learn from her! Please ask her to PM me!
    She doesn't work of course, but she seems to fill in the time quite nicely by keeping the house looking nice, ironing my pants and such, doing the school runs, looking after her elderly mother and whatnot, and making sure my tea is on the table when I get home (personally I'd rather be at work).

She gets to control everything, but then again I really can't be bothered with all that balancing cheque books, paying visa bills and the like. I'll watch a Top Gear or an Arnie film whilst she gets on with it.

You think she's convinced me I have too much cash by me not spending the cash I do have. I can't think of anything I need to spend it on. My life would not be enriched by having further riches in my wallet. All my needs these days are emotional ones rather than material ones.

Actually I reckon she's a very old-fashioned sort of wife. Women like her are very rare these days. Most of them have had their heads turned by the idea that they can be bosses of organisations, or voting and the like. My Mrs. feels that she'd done enough working before we had kids and that now her job was to bring them up properly.

I'd get her to PM you, but to be frank she's not that good with technology. She can buy from Amazon, M&S and John Lewis online and that's enough for her. She doesn't do the online banking side of things though. She tells me what bills to pay online when she's done the banking stuff, and I log on and pay them.

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    I largely fund Mrs Swamp's lifestyle, but I'm hoping Mrs Swamp will one day earn as much if not more than I, and will fund the lifestyle I want to become accustomed to.
    That's sort of my plan too.

We have individual accounts + joint account. "Salary" goes to joint account. Bills get paid from joint account, and then we both get monthly transfers from joint to individual.

Leave a comment:

• NetwkSupport
    replied
    fund the mrs however she graciously cleans, does the shopping and other bits, doesnt blow my hard earned money on clothes and in return all she asks for is loyalty, love, attention and baby making.

She's also a trained beautician and will be setting up working from home next year so maybe one day i can call her my plan B

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    I largely fund Mrs Swamp's lifestyle, but I'm hoping Mrs Swamp will one day earn as much if not more than I, and will fund the lifestyle I want to become accustomed to.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X