• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: New watch Chef?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New watch Chef?"

Collapse

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    manchester christmas do?
    We should really....

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Agreed about the Woodstock... I like that pub

In fact, I quite like it all around there... love the cheese shop in Didsbury Village too.... yum!!
    manchester christmas do?

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    the met is going as strong as ever and apart from the summer outdoor BBQ I rarely visit

one bar is full of blonde obnoxius coke heads, hate the place

m20 is a pretty good cocktail bar, sort of moulin rouge boudoir ish in style and the owner/barman certainly knows his cocktail recipes

the barleycorn is still the tulipshole it always has been

by far my favourite pub is the woodstock, i quite like the new look after the refurb and at last they seem to have improved the service time from 3years to something more bearable, in fact im off there in 45 mins
    Agreed about the Woodstock... I like that pub

In fact, I quite like it all around there... love the cheese shop in Didsbury Village too.... yum!!

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Globe Burrittos. mmmmm
    mmmm indeed

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    by far my favourite pub is the woodstock, i quite like the new look after the refurb and at last they seem to have improved the service time from 3years to something more bearable, in fact im off there in 45 mins
    Git

Agreed the service does seem quicker, but then it never seems to be as packed out as it used to be

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    the met is going as strong as ever and apart from the summer outdoor BBQ I rarely visit

one bar is full of blonde obnoxius coke heads, hate the place

m20 is a pretty good cocktail bar, sort of moulin rouge boudoir ish in style and the owner/barman certainly knows his cocktail recipes

the barleycorn is still the tulipshole it always has been

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    for PIzza you need to go up to Continental, only a minutes walk over the bridge
    I used to have them on speed dial
    Or that little place next to the wine shop the other way.

Now you've got me on the subject, Globe Burrittos. mmmmm

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Come on, be honest. You've never been in M20! It was always a choice between that and the dodgy £2.99 pizza from the place opposite One lounge. I still get indigestion thinking about them.

Agree with the Met tossers bit. Bar staff in One Lounge were always a good laugh.
    for PIzza you need to go up to Continental, only a minutes walk over the bridge
    I used to have them on speed dial

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Met is still there - and still full of t@ssers
    One lounge is still there too, I remember when that opened! and the railway come to think of it
    and when The Assembly was a much smaller, nicer place called The Nose and used to share the car park with The Met
    (The Nose was great for a saturday/sunday morning breakfast, smoked salmon or bacon and scrambled eggs on toast yum yum)

Favourite West Didsbury pub was always The Woodstock, although recent refurbishments have taken away some of the character it used to have.

Least favourite was the Barleycorn, with the "only gay in the village" barman who would constantly play U2 on the juke box

Still never been in M20 - maybe Chef can tell us what its like
    Come on, be honest. You've never been in M20! It was always a choice between that and the dodgy £2.99 pizza from the place opposite One lounge. I still get indigestion thinking about them.

Agree with the Met tossers bit. Bar staff in One Lounge were always a good laugh.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    I used to live (stay in the week) a stones throw from there too.

Ever drink in the Met or One Lounge? Assuming they're still there.
    Met is still there - and still full of t@ssers
    One lounge is still there too, I remember when that opened! and the railway come to think of it
    and when The Assembly was a much smaller, nicer place called The Nose and used to share the car park with The Met
    (The Nose was great for a saturday/sunday morning breakfast, smoked salmon or bacon and scrambled eggs on toast yum yum)

Favourite West Didsbury pub was always The Woodstock, although recent refurbishments have taken away some of the character it used to have.

Least favourite was the Barleycorn, with the "only gay in the village" barman who would constantly play U2 on the juke box

Still never been in M20 - maybe Chef can tell us what its like

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    holy crap, that happened less than 5 mins walk from me..

what's going on? west didsbury is a safe area, we dont have muggings around here..

great, now i've got to actually look out for muggers as well as concentrating on stumbling home from the Woodstock..
    I used to live (stay in the week) a stones throw from there too.

Ever drink in the Met or One Lounge? Assuming they're still there.

Leave a comment:

• Cheshire Cat
    replied
    I bet he wished he'd not argued the toss over with the cabbie over the change from the tenner.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    and what's wrong with Didsbury?

if it's good enough for John Thompson then it's good enough for most

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Why is someone on Darius Vassell's wages living in Didsbury? Surely he can afford a nice footballer's pad out in Cheshire.
    Who said he lives there?

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Why is someone on Darius Vassell's wages living in Didsbury? Surely he can afford a nice footballer's pad out in Cheshire.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X