• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I dont like morphine"

Collapse

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Is that the stuff they give you? It ALWAYS makes me giggle hysterically, quite inappropriate in the circumstances.
    Feeling better ?

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Mmmm Pethedine... I had that when I had a colonoscopy.

Anything that stops you caring when someone puts a long hard object up your arse has to be good stuff.
    Is that the stuff they give you? It ALWAYS makes me giggle hysterically, quite inappropriate in the circumstances.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Morphine made me puke. Horrible stuff. Pethedine was nice.
    Mmmm Pethedine... I had that when I had a colonoscopy.

Anything that stops you caring when someone puts a long hard object up your arse has to be good stuff.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Morphine made me puke. Horrible stuff. Pethedine was nice.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Cheers for all the good wishes.
    I am snuggled up on the sofa with a duvet and Godfather trilogy boxed set for company

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    I used to go out with a Pogle. It was many many years ago though.

Anyway, get well soon.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Have you got any leftover I coud borrow from you?

Seriously - glad you are recovering.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    look after yourself.

get mr Pogle to wait on you, lots of tea and sympathy

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    I had an operation on Friday and was put on morphine for when I regained consciousness. It was bloomin awful! I felt woolly & fuzzy and totally out of it. ..
    I'm like that after a teaspoonful of Benylin.

What was the op, er, no I shouldn't really ask

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Anyway it was more discomfort than pain
    That's the point of the morphine, you feel the pain but you somehow don't care.

I had an 'on demand' morphine button when I was in hospital having my shattered elbow wired up, it done the trick as I franticly pressed every time I woke up, this went on for 3 days!

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Is there anything better than getting Class A drugs under medical supervision? I had morphine once after some surgery and it was quite lovely

Hope you're feeling better Pogle.

Leave a comment:

• PerlOfWisdom
    replied
    I once had some at the dentist and felt on top of the world. I understood straight away why people get adicted to it.

Fortunately I'm made of sterner stuff than most junkies and I've decided not to take any more until I'm 95, dribbling and pi55ing myself.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Hope you're feeling better Pogle..
    WSS

Leave a comment:

• Flubster
    replied
    I had an operation on Friday and was put on morphine for when I regained consciousness. It was bloomin awful! I felt woolly & fuzzy and totally out of it.
    I guess that's the point, but I stopped it as soon as possible.
    Anyway it was more discomfort than pain, I'm back home now and feeling great.

Hope I don't ever have to have that again.
    I thought Moorfield was going in for the snip and you were a bird. Maybe he was a pre-op?

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Hope you're feeling better Pogle..
    WSS

Leave a comment:

Working...
X