• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Benched by client but not yet by agency"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Excellent concept. If the client is willing to sign your timesheet for your availability then you are laughing...

I like that idea

I'm in a similar situation - client told me verbally that they would be giving everyone 4 weeks notice, but would email me the details. Nothing coming yet (3 weeks later), and nothing from the agency...

One for the team lead to sort out when he gets back from holidays next week, methinks.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Always have done, never had a signed timesheet with invoice although occasionally I sign the timesheet and invoice.
    Then crack on!!!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    That's not the issue. Whether your agency accepts an invoice with no signed timesheet is the issue. The devil is in the detail, as normal...
    Always have done, never had a signed timesheet with invoice although occasionally I sign the timesheet and invoice.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    Is it foreign (the agency)? They do things different over there.
    I believe they are a very large UK agency started in '88 with offices all over the world

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Maybe they have something in the contract that means you don't get paid, so read it carefully. I would contact the agency now and try and get some compensation, as they should be able to get this from the client. I would tend to try the amicable approach first. My annoyance would be directed at the client rather than the agency, but I suppose you have to "attack" the agency.
    Nah, I'm not going to contact the agency as they should contact me. I'm not annoyed at the client at all, well not much, as we all knew something was going to happen although not quite as drastic as this. Theoretically the client should have contacted the agency who should have then contacted me and we could have worked something out. In fact the way the client (department manager at least) has handled it is pretty good. As soon as he knew he informed everyone affected becuase he knows that we all have to get on that telephone and I'net to find new projects. If he had just left it to the agency, god knows how long we'd be waiting to hear.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Client doesn't sign the timesheet, doesn't want to know really.
    That's not the issue. Whether your agency accepts an invoice with no signed timesheet is the issue. The devil is in the detail, as normal...

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Is it foreign (the agency)? They do things different over there.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Excellent concept. If the client is willing to sign your timesheet for your availability then you are laughing...
    Client doesn't sign the timesheet, doesn't want to know really.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Not quite. Senior management in the USA said cut back an by that we mean external staff. Management then called each contractor, different agencies, into their office to tell them the bad news as soon as possible. The agencies were all also notified and I know other agencies have been talking to their contractors trying to help them out but mine hasn't!
    Maybe your agency has went tits-up ?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Maybe they have something in the contract that means you don't get paid, so read it carefully. I would contact the agency now and try and get some compensation, as they should be able to get this from the client. I would tend to try the amicable approach first. My annoyance would be directed at the client rather than the agency, but I suppose you have to "attack" the agency.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Well my contract has me working on a certain product but I only do that for a couple of weeks four times a year and have been working on a another product. Basically I would be billing them for my availability as I haven't been given formal notice by the agency yet cannot go onsite nor work for anyone else as I am still contracted to them, or something like that, presumably.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by chris79 View Post
    Surely the client would need to give the agency notice, and in turn the agency gives you notice.

If the client doesn't do this then the agency will be billing them, and in turn you will be billing the agency as per the T&Cs of your contract?..

Just my own view, might not be legally correct etc..
    Not quite. Senior management in the USA said cut back an by that we mean external staff. Management then called each contractor, different agencies, into their office to tell them the bad news as soon as possible. The agencies were all also notified and I know other agencies have been talking to their contractors trying to help them out but mine hasn't!

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    So the client has told me, and everyone else, that all auslanders are out by the end of the year (for many its in fact earlier) yet the agency has not informed me yet. What would you do?
    Head for Dunkerque mate and we'll send a little boat.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Just out of interest, what work will you be billing them for?
    Well my contract has me working on a certain product but I only do that for a couple of weeks four times a year and have been working on a another product. Basically I would be billing them for my availability as I haven't been given formal notice by the agency yet cannot go onsite nor work for anyone else as I am still contracted to them, or something like that, presumably.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
    What happens if you like it ?
    In a twisted way, it does sound rather appealing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X