• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Snow report....

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Snow report...."

Collapse

• Bagpuss
    replied
    No snow here in cheshire, sun is out, it's windy though, but warmer than yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
    In West Leeds, snow not too bad, only a couple of inches. Main roads are pretty clear.

Highways Agency will do their best to keep M62 open as main trans-Pennine route. 10 years back on New Years Eve was driving from Cheshire to Yorkshire and despite around 6 inches of snow falling in 2-3 hours, M62 was clear (passed gritter / snowplough every 5 minutes)
    Yeah, as soon as snow stops they can clear anything off the road real quick. The real problem is people causing huge jams just "because there is snow".

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Daughter disappointed as all we have had is rain!
    Its now becoming quite sunny.
    But rain on top of ice on the pavements is making it lethal to walk on.

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    In West Leeds, snow not too bad, only a couple of inches. Main roads are pretty clear.

Highways Agency will do their best to keep M62 open as main trans-Pennine route. 10 years back on New Years Eve was driving from Cheshire to Yorkshire and despite around 6 inches of snow falling in 2-3 hours, M62 was clear (passed gritter / snowplough every 5 minutes)

Leave a comment:

• crimdon
    replied
    Durham looks pretty bad at the moment and its still snowing heavy. When I set off for work this morning from the east durham coast, there wasn't anything at all.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Been snowing non-stop since I woke, no sign of stopping. Estimate up to 4 or 5 inches now from my trip outside to see how deep my footprints were.

Bizarrely, where my wife works about 20 miles away, they have no snow at all. Probably due to the ocean, although I wouldn't have thought the North Sea has a huge warming effect...

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    No snow here - south of Birmingham - rained last night and now blue skys and sunny.

Leave a comment:

• basshead
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    How bad is Leeds? (in terms of snow!)
    http://www.leeds.gov.uk/popup.html

Looks ok ?

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Sounds like a complicated process Wilmslow. Don't forget to write up a business case and a raci chart before doing anything rash.
    He hasn't even asked for anyone's advice yet. I worry when he starts making decisions all by himself!

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

Going to assess things at noon, and decide if to make a break for home, or book a hotel and bunker down for another night away.
    Sounds like a complicated process Wilmslow. Don't forget to write up a business case and a raci chart before doing anything rash.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    My guess is that the m62 will be fine this evening. I'm working from home (Rochdale) but about to head over to Leeds. We have a fair amount of snow on the ground but most of that is from Tuesday. There has also been some rain which has got rid of a fair chunk. We actually got more snow when the forecasters didn't warn us than when they did.

How bad is Leeds? (in terms of snow!)

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Snow is still falling.

People are crashing into each other in the car park, which is very amusing to see them push cars out of the snowdrifts!

On the not so funny front it looks like I may have to abandon car, walk 3 miles to the train station, and get a long train journey home!

Going to assess things at noon, and decide if to make a break for home, or book a hotel and bunker down for another night away.

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Extremely thick in Leeds, Bradford is a skating rink.

As I was in a hotel last night I am hoping I am able to make it back today, but have a feeling the 62 may be closed. Could be an abandon car and take the train day.....

Hows the weather affecting, or, not affecting you??
    You're supposed to put your name at the end....

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Sunny and warm in Swindon. Blue skies, no rain or wind.

Snow? dream on.

Leave a comment:

• basshead
    replied
    Extremely thick in Leeds
    And Yorkshire in general.

About 4 inches here in Northumberland, still falling. Local roads are passable, slushy where there's plenty of traffic, slippery where there isn't. A good day to be working from home

Leave a comment:

Working...
X