• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Mortgage payers

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mortgage payers"

Collapse

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Wonder if someone would like to pay my rent for 2 years if I'm benched

Look at it on the bright side. You do not have to worry about falling house prices.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I think you only have to provide evidence you've been in possession for at least that time, e.g. with utility bills.
    Ah, I see.

Plan B is back in action then. Going to need a few guys to help me build this 50 metre high haystack around my newly found country mansion. Just got to make sure it doesn't have HM Windsor on the junk mail and I'm rocking.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    So at the start of the 10-12 year period (as it currently stands), you have to notify someone you're starting the squatting? Otherwise how do you prove you complied with all the requirements for the initial 10 years?
    I think you only have to provide evidence you've been in possession for at least that time, e.g. with utility bills.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied

You must be living in a posh area if you have to pay rent for a park bench.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    GSOH!

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Adverse possession it's called. There was some talk recently about abolishing it.

Also, it can only be claimed on private (personal or corporate) property, not Crown or (I think) Church property.

So at the start of the 10-12 year period (as it currently stands), you have to notify someone you're starting the squatting? Otherwise how do you prove you complied with all the requirements for the initial 10 years?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    What happens if you buy a repossed flat that has an AST on it. How do you claim the rent if it were set up with the repo'd landlord?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    .. Isn't there also a rule that allows you to claim the property if you manage to squat for a number of years? ..
    Adverse possession it's called. There was some talk recently about abolishing it.

Also, it can only be claimed on private (personal or corporate) property, not Crown or (I think) Church property.

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    I'm going to look into squatting rights. Saw a news item yesterday where it looks like all you have to do is put a notice on the front door!

Isn't there also a rule that allows you to claim the property if you manage to squat for a number of years?

Sod paying rent, or mortgage, there's supposedly a million empty houses out there.

I'm going to find one in the country and build a giant haystack around it. That guy that got caught dodging the planning permission was taking the wrong approach.
    Remember this? Link

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    I'm going to look into squatting rights. Saw a news item yesterday where it looks like all you have to do is put a notice on the front door!

Isn't there also a rule that allows you to claim the property if you manage to squat for a number of years?

Sod paying rent, or mortgage, there's supposedly a million empty houses out there.

I'm going to find one in the country and build a giant haystack around it. That guy that got caught dodging the planning permission was taking the wrong approach.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Mortgage payers want the governement to be deferred , or put on hold , for two years.

why do we always get everything backwards in this God-forsaken-hellhole ?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    started a topic Mortgage payers

Mortgage payers

Mortgage payers want the governement to be deferred , or put on hold , for two years.

why do we always get everything backwards in this God-forsaken-hellhole ?

Working...
X