• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Tory MP arrested

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tory MP arrested"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    [Whoops - Sorry, moved here from VAT thread where I wrongly posted it]

According to the Spectator, it's rumoured that Green was arrested, as a pretext to search his premises, because the Government is worried about something much more embarrassing being leaked.

Perhaps that also explains why the civil servant involved was not released on bail, as is usual in a case like this, but is being held in a safe house ("staying with relatives" according to one report, if you can believe that).

Any guesses what they're so worried about? Maybe it's discussions about joining the Euro. Or it perhaps it's planning for widespread civil unrest (given that the police were issued with 10,000 tazers a couple of weeks ago, and a new "civil security" force is being set up).

Talk about living in interesting times...

Here's a comment from Guido Fawkes's blog, describing the current mood in Downing Street. To me it has the ring of truth, but of course it may be bogus:

Originally posted by by your bold and couragous mole and there are plenty of us

You lot just won't believe the midnight oil being burnt. Mandy is rushing about like there really is no tomorrow. Snotgobbler is apolectic with rage and foaming at the mouth. Five bellies is finished, Harperson beside herself, Blearsdwarf crying in the corner. Campbell has ****ed off in a pique because Mandyboy fiddler didn't tell him about the DG sting. The pandemonium really is like Berlin 1945 with Snotty attended by his medical team 24/7.

They are desperate for a big smear against the opposition and think they have it. However the provenence is iffy! So iffy as to spoil the value. As a civil servant passed over for promotion because of my LibDem allegiances, I am loving it!

December 1, 2008 12:40 AM

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    I would like to post something vaguely critical of HM Gov. in this thread, but I don't fancy getting out of bed at 3AM in this weather to find 20 armed police officers (with snarling dogs in attendance) at my front door, and then spend 9 hours at Paddington Green cop shop with a cattle prod up my brown eye explaining why I shouldn't be flown over to Guantanamo Bay.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Your post would have more credibility if you knew how to spell.

Churchill - In "The world appears to be full of retards" mode!
    Dont mind Milton (churchill) Waldrof, he just struts around like a bully on this board becuase he is an such an insecure minger in real life.
    Last edited by tay; 1 December 2008, 11:01.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Yes, like this
    When looking at the video, has anybody noticed how he doesn''t do that slack jawed thing when he takes a breath.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    It could nly happen under Jacqui Smith's watch...she's the most dangerous person in the country at the mo. paranoid, willing to use the anti-terror laws to arrest anyone for any reason.

Gordo is a know micro manager - he must have known...and sanctioned it...without a paper trail of course. I'm sure 10 Downing has a mighty big shredder.

You'll have to excude my spelling...My laptop screen has gone on the blink and I can't see what I'm typing!!
    Its a real shame that a New Liebour MP wasnt arrested under the anti-terror laws. That might have brought it home to them.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    I said this kind of thing would happen as soon as Tony B'Liar was elected. Just surprised it has taken so long.

And that Gordon Brown made his name from leaks like this, so I'm far from surprised that he'd try and stop anyone doing the same.
    It could nly happen under Jacqui Smith's watch...she's the most dangerous person in the country at the mo. paranoid, willing to use the anti-terror laws to arrest anyone for any reason.

Gordo is a know micro manager - he must have known...and sanctioned it...without a paper trail of course. I'm sure 10 Downing has a mighty big shredder.

You'll have to excude my spelling...My laptop screen has gone on the blink and I can't see what I'm typing!!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
    Just before Brown became PM, an retired civil servant made the comment that Brown had "Stalinist tendancies" - this is just more proof1
    Your post would have more credibility if you knew how to spell.

Churchill - In "The world appears to be full of retards" mode!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    I said this kind of thing would happen as soon as Tony B'Liar was elected. Just surprised it has taken so long.

And that Gordon Brown made his name from leaks like this..
    Yes, like this

Leave a comment:

• sappatz
    replied
    Uk police state

BTW, Green was arrested under the anti-terrorism laws. What else?
    UK police state at work. now it is becoming really serious ! I believed that MPs had immunity, apprently not in UK police state

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...-conservatives

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied

And that Gordon Brown made his name from leaks like this, so I'm far from surprised that he'd try and stop anyone doing the same.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    John O'Connor, former head of the London police unit, the flying squad, told BBC Radio 5Live he found it difficult to believe the government didn't know about the investigation.

He said: "If the prime minister and the home secretary were unaware of this police activity - then they must be utterly incompetent.

"And if they were aware of it then that makes them really quite dangerous. So I think whatever way, whatever path they choose it doesn't put them in a good light."

PM urged to condemn MP's arrest

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    heh just saw this:

Very Beavis that, Ardesco. Heh heh. Heh heh heh.

Interesting graphic. How is the game of pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey in Westminster doing? The lib-dems were doing better than the tories last week.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    heh just saw this:

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    Seriously though, I an glad MPs are finally falling foul to their own legislation and invasion of civil liberties.
    So would I be, if it were the creators of that legislation that were falling foul of it.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by eliquant View Post
    Its turning into an Orwellian nightmare, if you see Gordon on all fours grunting muttering to himself "two legs good, four legs bad" - you know its all over for us.
    Well, you will be ok then Roland Rat

Seriously though, I an glad MPs are finally falling foul to their own legislation and invasion of civil liberties.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X