• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Cakes

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cakes"

Collapse

• SantaClaus
    replied
    When I worked at a well known investment bank, there would be a selection of food put out every friday.

The Fast Track Visa types rushed to get it like they hadnt eaten for a week

Leave a comment:

• Tensai
    replied
    Does this mean you'll be on your toes soon as well?
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    Translation : "Are you also leaving [the country]?"

HTH

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
    Someone here has brought in one of those enormous dustbin sized things of little mars bars, twixs and bountys, must be 10kg at least.
    well that's your lunch sorted!

Leave a comment:

• Purple Dalek
    replied
    Someone here has brought in one of those enormous dustbin sized things of little mars bars, twixs and bountys, must be 10kg at least.

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    Sounds like a good excuse to get out of the house d000hg.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Tesco doughnuts are sometimes really good. The problem is the quality is quite variable... I only buy them when they look light and fluffy instead of thick and stodgy.

Personally, I really like apple ones. But Fudge doughnuts (custard filled, fudge on top) are my favourite when I missed breakfast to run for the train and it's cold and raining... or used to be before I worked from home. I do miss them...

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    the office i worked in, it was any old excuse for cakes or biscuits.

i remember asking someone if it was their birthday or summat and the reply was "no, it's wednesday!"

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    If you are working at the BBC then it is my wife, she spent last night cooking cakes for her leaving.

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    If you are working at the BBC then it is my wife, she spent last night cooking cakes for her leaving.

What! Ssomeone at the BBC not expensing an item. Well done Mrs Tay.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by Badger View Post
    Nice when the permies bring in cakes for their birthday. No idea who's birthday it is but will be going for seconds shortly.
    When permie, I'd use any excuse to bake a chocolate cake for the team, birthdays, Eid, Hanukkah etc.. and when I finish a contract I usually take one in too.
    I love baking, and people seem to really enjoy home made stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    Your right, it's Tesco jam doughnuts, and eclairs.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    one office i worked in all the office would bring in cakes 2-3 times a week.

you could tell when the contractors brought in stuff as the quality went from tescos jam doughnuts to crispy creme

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    started a topic Cakes

Cakes

Nice when the permies bring in cakes for their birthday. No idea who's birthday it is but will be going for seconds shortly.

Working...
X