• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Passport Renewal

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Passport Renewal"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    our rebellious colonial cousins in North America

the patriots

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    WTF is PAH drivelling on about?

Jesus, some people are so busy being paranoid that they can't even be paranoid about normal stuff - they have to pick on somebody or some product at random and be paranoid about them, then turn it into a fight, with spurious and nonsensical ramblings for weapons

Anyway, to address the original post, the reason for the increased cost is to pay for the "biometric"/RFID chip in the passport, and the associated database, without which our rebellious colonial cousins in North America won't allow you to enter their country.

So it's the fault of George W Bush, Dick Cheney, and their cronies at Halliburton, together with their lickspittle lackeys over here whose only response to any demand imposed by the US Government™ is "How far over?"

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Maybe there's some ex-KGB thugs threatening your squirrels.
    Don't give them any ideas!

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    There isn't. Why the heck would I want one? That would destroy reputation and 4 years of hard work, and what for? I would not do it for a million quid.
    But for two million?

Maybe there's some ex-KGB thugs threatening your squirrels.

[If I get banned and this thread disappears, you know why. The power of AtW and his SKA!]

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Dont go abroad!

Sorted.......
    Until the government make it compulsory! Those who cant afford it go to debtors prison.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    But I'm sure there's a backdoor in there somewhere.
    There isn't. Why the heck would I want one? That would destroy reputation and 4 years of hard work, and what for? I would not do it for a million quid.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Dont go abroad!

Sorted.......

Or get your passport whilst you're abroad at a tenth of the price. Surely the EU allow that don't they, as long as you're on holiday in Europe and need a passport to get back ?

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Thanks, I checked it out too - does not apply to us, nowhere near really.
    Maybe not according to your frontage. But I'm sure there's a backdoor in there somewhere. If I was you I'd be worried someone was going to kick it in. Trust me, you don't want anyone kicking your backdoor in.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    "DoS and distributed hacking tools finally criminalised". I saw that and thought of you.
    Thanks, I checked it out too - does not apply to us, nowhere near really.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Dont go abroad!

Sorted.......

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Cost me a lot more than £7200 and it was well worth it...
    Depends who you ask.

Are you running scared now they've outlawed your SKA, along with any other zombie bot networks masquerading as downloadable apps?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/11..._criminalised/

"DoS and distributed hacking tools finally criminalised". I saw that and thought of you.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Cost me a lot more than £7200 and it was well worth it...

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    It cost £2 in 1968 x 15 for inflation = £30 at todays prices. So the Passport Agency if less than half efficiant as it used to be. Before 1915 there wer no passports, people just travelled where they wanted to.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by Badger View Post
    £72!!!! Yes £72. And the kids need their's doing aswell at £46 a time.

Outrageous.

That's truly amazing, and outrageous !! They sneaked that one in quietly. Still, somebody has to pay for those mega public service pensions. Just checked and the cost of a standard passport in 1997 was 18 quid. A quick calculation shows that to be exactly 4 times the price. They do like round numbers !!

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    It's only fair™
    WHS.

Another NL stealth tax.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X