• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Baby P

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Baby P"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    The killers names are on the internet.

Shouldn't we publish their names and addresses on here?
    Last edited by Churchill; 19 November 2008, 11:48.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    It is likely that the mother and both men were themselves abused as children and thus part of an unbreakable circle of degradation and violence.
    I do understand what you mean, but surely, no matter what happened to one as a kid, meting it all out to one's own baby is unforgivable?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    So why do we pay so much for welfare?
    We are simply blessed with a government that is all too happy to reward failure (e.g. Give homes to ill-educated little strumpets whose only recognised skill is in opening their legs and getting knocked-up!), and penalise endeavour (e.g. Taxing the beejeezus out of anyone that is on more than the minimum wage + tax credits!)

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    You know well enough that I hate all the evils of the welfare state as much as you do. I was just wondering if it churns out more criminals, or less.
    You say more, I'm not sure

So why do we pay so much for welfare?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    So why do we pay tax for welfare when it makes not the slightest diffence to poverty and crime?
    You know well enough that I hate all the evils of the welfare state as much as you do. I was just wondering if it churns out more criminals, or less.
    You say more, I'm not sure

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    It is NOT a general rule. Yes it is. The authorities specifically went to court to shut this woman up. Yes. The child is DEAD Yes and all evidence should now be gathered to weed out any incompetent people and sack them. Yes. Or more. Of course HMG do not want this because they have much to hide. Yes.
    IOW WIS

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    If we have 100k of these criminals/potential criminals now, how many would there be if there were no free houses for young single mums and much less welfare. more ? or less ?

what do you think ?

So why do we pay tax for welfare when it makes not the slightest diffence to poverty and crime?
    Last edited by DodgyAgent; 17 November 2008, 14:58.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Oh get a grip.

Slowly:
    Secrecy is in general automatic in family law and child protection. This general principle applies from the start, in order to ensure that children's identity etc are not divulged, for their protection.

It is a general rule, not an ad hoc action in one case.

It is NOT a general rule. The authorities specifically went to court to shut this woman up. The child is DEAD and all evidence should now be gathered to weed out any incompetent people and sack them. Of course HMG do not want this because they have much to hide.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    He was talking about evil people, fiddling the dole and a bit of shoplifting or joyriding is not evil in my book.
    Then you need a new book baggy. It is a slippery slope I tell you....today's litter lout is tomorrow's crazed gunman!!

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    What is the point of protecting a child that is DEAD !!! This is to protect HMG, and it's just a shame that too many people are just too stupid to realise this.
    Oh get a grip.

Slowly:
    Secrecy is in general automatic in family law and child protection. This general principle applies from the start, in order to ensure that children's identity etc are not divulged, for their protection.

It is a general rule, not an ad hoc action in one case.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    And serial killers account for what percentage of crime? Is it 0.00045 or 0.000045%, I can never remember.
    He was talking about evil people, fiddling the dole and a bit of shoplifting or joyriding is not evil in my book.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Look at evidence then. What do you think a survey of criminals would throw up? would they be mostly privatly educated middle classes at the one end or would they be the products of single parent, council house, welfare recipients?

what do you think?
    It depends on the nature of the crime doesn't it?

A lot of new crimes have been created in the last ten years under the banners of anti-social behaviour & terrorism which criminalises behaviour which would have previously been accepted.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Victorian England, no Welfare, but copious amounts of violent crime and debauchery. Then take the most notorious serial killers of recent times, none on state benefits that I can recall, either working or middle class.
    And serial killers account for what percentage of crime? Is it 0.00045 or 0.000045%, I can never remember.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Look at evidence then. What do you think a survey of criminals would throw up? would they be mostly privatly educated middle classes at the one end or would they be the products of single parent, council house, welfare recipients?

what do you think?
    If we have 100k of these criminals/potential criminals now, how many would there be if there were no free houses for young single mums and much less welfare. more ? or less ?

what do you think ?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    My view is that it is the state that creates most of the evil people and most certainly the criminal and anti social elements of society.
    Victorian England, no Welfare, but copious amounts of violent crime and debauchery. Then take the most notorious serial killers of recent times, none on state benefits that I can recall, either working or middle class.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X