• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Client having a party and we cant come"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    OK if you click on this link you'll find out who the Stig is:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yeQwi-8bCEA

If you want to remain in blissful ignorance then leave the link alone!
    I'm still none the wiser as to who he is, even after watching it. I know his name, but it means nothing to me.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    can't - blocked by the client.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    oh go on,
    OK if you click on this link you'll find out who the Stig is:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yeQwi-8bCEA

If you want to remain in blissful ignorance then leave the link alone!

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Milan, you've been posting in this forum for several hundred years now, have you not figured out the quote function yet?

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    There is runoured to be more than 1 stig.

Ben Colins
    Damon Hill
    that stunt driver bloke (handbrake turns into parking spaces) Russ something?
    Abbot?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    There is runoured to be more than 1 stig.

Ben Colins
    Damon Hill
    that stunt driver bloke (handbrake turns into parking spaces) Russ something?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    The identity of the (new) Stig is out there if you Google it. He was caught on camera on Dutch TV, and his name was on the board when they did that 24hr race at Silverstone in the diesel BMW, and he was also named as a 'technical advisor' in the jet car crash investigation.

I'm not going to spoil it for everyone though.
    oh go on,

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Brillo,

'Did this a citibank - deliberately at the Manoir so only contractors and managers could afford it.

We didn't bother with the sign though........'

you mean you had to pay for yourselves ?

Whatever next.

Milan.
    Milan, you've been posting in this forum for several hundred years now, have you not figured out the quote function yet?

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
    Its got to be an ex F1 driver or tester... I was thinking Damon.
    The identity of the (new) Stig is out there if you Google it. He was caught on camera on Dutch TV, and his name was on the board when they did that 24hr race at Silverstone in the diesel BMW, and he was also named as a 'technical advisor' in the jet car crash investigation.

I'm not going to spoil it for everyone though.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Brillo,

'Did this a citibank - deliberately at the Manoir so only contractors and managers could afford it.

We didn't bother with the sign though........'

you mean you had to pay for yourselves ?

Whatever next.

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Unicorn
    replied
    Driving Style

I thought they banged on about how the F1 drivers drove when they did their laps as opposed to touring car type drivers, such as the Stig.

Leave a comment:

• badger7579
    replied
    Originally posted by Unicorn View Post
    apparently he was named in official docs when the Hamster crashed off his wheel
    Its got to be an ex F1 driver or tester... I was thinking Damon.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I vaguely remember stealing a bottle of wine from the Finance Director's table. But as we contractors had all agreed to settle the bar bill for whole do, it wasn't really too much of a faux pas - I was still renewed.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Is that the black stig or white stig? I thought the black stig owned up - Matt somebody??
    The black Stig was Perry Macarthy.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Place I was at had a permie-only Xmas bash one year. I heard it went "OK", but got the impression they'd rather have had the mad-cap contractors there to spice things up.

Following that, "all hands" were invited to the (rather good) Easter bash, and indeed the Christmas after

Leave a comment:

Working...
X