• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ghosts! Ever seen one?"

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I tulip you not.

I was looking out of my trench, on guard. This naked bird walks across the field towards me, jiggling her boobies. She stood there taunting me for an hour. When the sun came up, it was a branch off a shrub.
    That's a spooky coincidence. I was once lying in bed looking at a bush. When the sun came up, it was a naked woman.

Leave a comment:

• foritisme
    replied
    I tulip you not.

I was looking out of my trench, on guard. This naked bird walks across the field towards me, jiggling her boobies. She stood there taunting me for an hour. When the sun came up, it was a branch off a shrub.

Ive never trusted women since

Twiggy

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    When I was one and my brother was two and a half we were staying at my grandparents very old house.

A few hours after being put to bed, they heard a right rukkus coming from our room and us laughing. They rushed upstairs to investigate. There were toys all over the floor but the room was tidy when we were put to bed. My brother said the toys had been flying around the room. Both of us were in cots so couldn't have got out and done it ourselves (I couldn't walk yet for starters ).

Years later and grandparents had moved into an annexe at my parents house. A few weeks after the death of my nan, my brother and mum clearly heard her say "good morning" like she used to as she walked from her annexe into the main house.

Leave a comment:

• Papa Maji wa Maji
    replied
    Highgate Cemetary,London. To visit please contact your nearest travel agent....

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Afterlife, aftershave, don't hold with any of it.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Proves the non existence of spirits. The whisky was gone.
    wooly thinking.
    it wasn't gone, it was just in another place

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
    Originally Posted by Doggy Styles
    All right, who drank my whisky then, eh?
    Proves the existence of spirits

IGMC
    Proves the non existence of spirits. The whisky was gone.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post
    My mum was telling me the other day that when her mum was in hospital her sister had woken up one morning and when she looked out of the window she saw her mum and her auntie (who had died years ago) in the garden waving at her. Later on that day she found out that her mum had died that morning.

I never used to believe any of these storys, but was pretty speachless as to come up with an explaination to this one.

I now keep an open mind!
    Easy. She was dreaming. She'd have thought nothing of it, if her mum had died four weeks later. Simply attaching significance to a coincidence.

The trouble with having an open mind, is that your brain might leak out.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by foritisme View Post
    Glad you mentioned that, was worried it only happened to me. I remember one morning after a 48 hour exercise and the bushes were walking towards me.
    I tulip you not.

Ive never trusted women since

Leave a comment:

• foritisme
    replied
    first off, as a lad in the military I had to go for days without sleep. Some of the hallucinations I had were extraordinary, I believed them , but disbelieved them all at the same time.

Glad you mentioned that, was worried it only happened to me. I remember one morning after a 48 hour exercise and the bushes were walking towards me.

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    All right, who drank my whisky then, eh?
    Proves the existence of spirits

IGMC

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Our brains are constantly interpreting and editing our perception of reality, including recent events, and editing our own memories.

The phone rings, and our autonomic system responds first - then our brains work out "phone ringing". They then project the feeling of the phone ringing to the time of it ringing. Sometimes, they make a mistake, and project too far back, and we get the feeling of "knowing the phone was going to ring before it actually did".

I must have missed that day, the one when everthing unknown in the world was suddenly explained.

Leave a comment:

• Money Money Money
    replied
    My mum was telling me the other day that when her mum was in hospital her sister had woken up one morning and when she looked out of the window she saw her mum and her auntie (who had died years ago) in the garden waving at her. Later on that day she found out that her mum had died that morning.

I never used to believe any of these storys, but was pretty speachless as to come up with an explaination to this one.

I now keep an open mind!

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Never seen a ghost,
    but I did once meet a helpful Oracle DBA - Scary!!
    Must have been Bob Dalek

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Never seen a ghost,
    but I did once meet a helpful Oracle DBA - Scary!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X