• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Alternative to Friends Reunited"

Collapse

• wurzel
    replied
    Shepton Mallet, Somerset.
    = Dodge City

Leave a comment:

• Manic
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    grew up in Telford, Shropshire..

it was tulipe when i lived there and after i went back recently to visit family it seems it's gone down hill since..

of a class of 30 i'd guess:

15 are dole dossing single family parents
    2 are fighting in Iraq/Afghanistan
    5 have been or are currently in prison
    5 have manual labour jobs
    the rest are working in a professional job
    Not far from my part of the world, the wife is from wellie. Most of them work for Sankeys or if you did good, EDS/Fujitsu or whatever it is now!

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    grew up in Telford, Shropshire..

it was tulipe when i lived there and after i went back recently to visit family it seems it's gone down hill since..

of a class of 30 i'd guess:

15 are dole dossing single family parents
    2 are fighting in Iraq/Afghanistan
    5 have been or are currently in prison
    5 have manual labour jobs
    the rest are working in a professional job

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by lightng View Post
    I've got a mixture of friends from my childhood in Liverpool. Some did good and some didn't.

Often joked about starting the next web 2.0 application for ex-cons called FiendsReunited.co.uk.

I like that...

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Rantor View Post
    Same here - when did you escape?

I've stopped going back for the funerals a few years ago.
    Left in '77. Still got family there so go back from time to time.

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    I've got a mixture of friends from my childhood in Liverpool. Some did good and some didn't.

Often joked about starting the next web 2.0 application for ex-cons called FiendsReunited.co.uk.

Leave a comment:

• Rantor
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Clydebank, nuff said...
    Same here - when did you escape?

I've stopped going back for the funerals a few years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    My parents managed to get us away from the hellholes (hard work, etc.) but not all of the family were so lucky.

At a funeral in Liverpool the other year, my mum was talking to one of my cousins:

"So how are your kids?"

"Well, my stepson was murdered a few weeks before Christmas."

"What?!"

"Yeah, he'd been selling the duty-free booze and fags on some gang's patch. They warned him but he didn't stop, so they shot him."

"That's terrible... What about your son?"

"He's in prison. Been inside just over two years now."

"What for?"

"Attempted murder..."

Kinda hits home

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    My parents managed to get us away from the hellholes (hard work, etc.) but not all of the family were so lucky.

At a funeral in Liverpool the other year, my mum was talking to one of my cousins:

"So how are your kids?"

"Well, my stepson was murdered a few weeks before Christmas."

"What?!"

"Yeah, he'd been selling the duty-free booze and fags on some gang's patch. They warned him but he didn't stop, so they shot him."

"That's terrible... What about your son?"

"He's in prison. Been inside just over two years now."

"What for?"

"Attempted murder..."

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    Me. Springburn and Dennistoun in Glasgow, and more than my fair share of childhood mates dead by nefarious causes.
    Clydebank, nuff said...

Leave a comment:

• StuntManMike
    replied
    www.facebook.com

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Got me thinking, who else grew up up in a tuliphole?
    Me. Springburn and Dennistoun in Glasgow, and more than my fair share of childhood mates dead by nefarious causes.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    started a topic Alternative to Friends Reunited

Alternative to Friends Reunited

As I've joked with before to many people if I want to meet up with old friends from school I just need to find out the visiting hours at Barlinnie Prison in Glasgow.

Just heard on the news that yet another person as I was at school with was stabbed to death tonight, we weren't friends but lived in the same street years ago. No loss to society anyway...

From that form year at school the tally looks like 6 murdered and 8 jailed for murder, not related I assume.

Got me thinking, who else grew up up in a tuliphole?

Working...
X