• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Sad day for USA

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sad day for USA"

Collapse

• oracleslave
    replied
    I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
    Take a bow for the new revolution
    Smile and grin at the change all around me
    Pick up my guitar and play
    Just like yesterday
    Then I'll get on my knees and pray
    We don't get fooled again

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    Its more akin to Won't Get Fooled Again. except that we keep being fooled.
    The change it had to come
    We know it all along

Meet the New Boss
    Same as the Old Boss

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Its more akin to Won't Get Fooled Again. except that we keep being fooled.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    McCain was no different. Frankly if you distorted the voice and played over a radio - I don't think you could tell a difference.

I really could care less if McCain or Obama got in. Presidents are so straight jacketed these days it hardly makes a difference who is the president. Its
    all run by corporate interests and relegious zealots.
    Im the new President
    But I grew and I bent
    Dont you know?

dont it show?

Im the punk with the stutter.

My my mmmm my my my -Ggg-g-g-g-g generation.

We tried to speak between lines of oration
    You could only repeat what we told you.

Your act belongs to a dead nation
    Breathe the air we have blown you

Im the poet in the gutter

I have to be careful not to preach
    I cant pretend that I can teach

And yet Ive lived your future out

By pounding stages like a clown

And on the dance floor broken glass

The bloody faces slowly pass

The broken seats in empty rows

It all belongs to me

you know.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 6 November 2008, 18:22.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Not really it would be as pointless as teaching Joey Deakon how to play Golf.
    And you dared have a pop at me (erroneously) for my recounting my Indian colleague's confusing Red Nose Day with Poppy Day? You appalling worm!

Leave a comment:

• Stan.goodvibes
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    <munch>

Anyone else care for some? Excellent thread btw, top stuff. Nicky - tell us more about WWIII.
    Great suggestion RH, because I'm a bit confused - from all those sunday school lessons and sermons i had to sit through i don't remember America being mentioned in Revelations.

And unless I'm mistaken, isn't the rapture supposed to happen before Armageddon? So surely Nicky you will have floated up to heaven long before it turns to custard? in fact, 1000 years before...

Leave a comment:

• Stan.goodvibes
    replied
    Sorry I'm a bit confused with all the olde country names. Is Magog supposed to be Russia or China???

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    <munch>

Anyone else care for some? Excellent thread btw, top stuff. Nicky - tell us more about WWIII.

Leave a comment:

• Nicky G
    replied
    Originally posted by Stan.goodvibes View Post
    We can thank God that with Obama at the helm WW3 is a lot less likely in our lifetime.
    He says on the day that Dmitry Medvedev announced that Iskander missiles are going to be deployed in Kaliningrad and yet again blamed America for all the world's problems (Hint: they're making a case for war. Why? Because they have the same ambitions as their forefathers).

The Nazis denounced America as a Jewish state and blamed the Jews for starting World War II. The communist denounce America as an imperialist state and prepare to blame the Americans for starting World War III. The writing is on the wall. The propaganda has already done its work. And should the American economy falter, the propaganda will get more and more blatant until it begins to resemble the old Stalinist rant (and the raw insistence that America should be destroyed if the world is to know peace). Communism conceives itself as the principle movement for stopping (American) imperialism. Many decades ago, the founder of the Soviet Union, Vladimir Lenin, said: "We who struggle against imperialism represent an alliance demanding close military solidarity, and any attempts to disrupt this solidarity will be viewed as a totally inadmissible phenomenon, as betrayal of the interests of the struggle…."

Communist propaganda has a strategic objective. Blacken America’s name, place a question mark over America’s motives and rally the malcontents. There is only one reason the communists have failed to take over the world. That reason is the United States (i.e., American imperialism). Without American nuclear weapons to counter Soviet nuclear weapons the rest of the world would have been forced into a totalitarian straitjacket. It therefore makes sense that Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro want to remove the United States as an obstacle. It makes sense that both men are obsessed with fighting a future war against America. I believe, given the right circumstances, they would provoke such a war, and are willing to sacrifice their respective countries. According to Georgie Anne Geyer, who interviewed Castro four times, "Castro’s ambition was always bigger than the island of Cuba." As Geyer explained, "Countries normally mean nothing to men with these enormous pretensions…."
    Link

Leave a comment:

• Stan.goodvibes
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicky G View Post
    That national debt isn’t going to disappear, poverty isn't going to be eradicated and it’s going to take more than "Yes we can" to bring back consumer confidence. Then there’s Russia and China and the World War 3.
    OK, first off: Bush was hailed as a saviour by the far right much more than Obama is. The guy called the War on Terror a 'Crusade'.

Second : ... it is axiomatic that the southern Baptist tradition in the States is deeply imbued with the psychology of a "chosen people" living in a "promised land" – an America given them by God (listen to the lyrics of the Star-Spangled Banner).

It is hard to deny that the political prevalence of this mentality under Bush infused the US with a sense of mission to save the world. It follows that saviours of the world might believe that they have a somewhat special place in that world.

So lets be clear here (again). Obama is going to have a difficult time repairing the damage to the economy caused by Bush, and to foreign relations damaged by Bush (The Religious Rights anti-abortion, anti-gay, anti-Muslim agenda). And yes, it will take more than just chanting 'Yes we can!'.

But as far as World War 3 goes :- The Bible is a nice book. It really is. But that bit at the end about the end of the world - I really think John was picking his own mushrooms there on Patmos. However under Bush and the fundies they really almost made it a self-fulfilling prophecy. We can thank God that with Obama at the helm WW3 is a lot less likely in our lifetime.

Which must be a blow to you far-right religious guys I know.

Leave a comment:

• Nicky G
    replied
    Originally posted by Stan.goodvibes View Post
    OK look, the planet was not 'created' 10,000 years ago, more like billions of years ago by natural forces occuring in the universe.

Dinosaurs are not a test from God, nor did they walk on the planet in the last 10,000 years with man (as Sarah Palin beleives).

Jesus was a very clued up guy who re-interpreted universal truths that were known before he arrived. Unfortunatly some less clever men decided to make a rather strange religion out of it. He is not coming back. Ever.

Clear enough for you?
    Yes, very clear. It will be just as clear to dumb, gullible Americans that when the personality cult and pop music politics dies down there's the small matter of reality to deal with. That national debt isn’t going to disappear, poverty isn't going to be eradicated and it’s going to take more than "Yes we can" to bring back consumer confidence. Then there’s Russia and China and the World War 3.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    McCain was no different. Frankly if you distorted the voice and played over a radio - I don't think you could tell a difference.

I really could care less if McCain or Obama got in. Presidents are so straight jacketed these days it hardly makes a difference who is the president. Its
    all run by corporate interests and relegious zealots.
    I could. Sounded like RED RUM or was that MURDER. eek.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Congrats. You've won the prize nod award.

I wonder what sad little lives people like you have. (that's a rheotorical question btw)
    ok, your obviously new, there are certain stereotypes on here, threaded owns 200 bugatti's, wilmslow is a self involved dilusional attentionseeker, atw is a stubborn ruskie, andyw is simply offensive, there are numerous "strong willed" people on here and nicky g is a doom-mongerer.. HTH

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Yeah, but the other stuff you learned at the convent is great!
    The riposte is ordinary but the smilies are class!

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicky G View Post
    It is a sad day for America. Obama’s campaign revolved around glossy marketing, hype and cheesy sound bytes, made easier by the fact that 50 years of Gramscian subversion has made most young people highly malleable to the mostly cynical language of good causes and empty promises of easy salvation / quick fixes.

What I’ve found even more distasteful is the image and personality cult surrounding Obama, which would make Stalin himself proud. It also doesn’t make for a level playing field when a heavily compromised media and Hollywood relentlessly encourages this cult of personality. Looking at some of the hysterical crowds in the US today, celebrating the victory of their Messiah, I seriously doubt that Jesus Himself would be such a big draw if He returned tomorrow.

They've chosen who the monied, liberal, "useful idiot" media wanted them to.
    Congrats. You've won the prize nod award.

I wonder what sad little lives people like you have. (that's a rheotorical question btw)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X