• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Cheeky expenses

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cheeky expenses"

Collapse

• TCL
    replied
    Just this month I put through a £200 restraunt bill for me, the wife and two of ours friends. If push comes to shove I'll say we were discussing investement opportunites (which we did, very breifly, my friend is a pension fund manager)

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I'm putting through my recent trip to New York as I was there to spec out the place with a view to taking a long term contract at Bristol Myers Squibb - helps that I can get somebody to vouch for me there. Unfortunately I didn't like it so I won't be taking the contract.

Leave a comment:

• NetwkSupport
    replied
    car hire for my holiday in sicily

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Works fine as a phone, people can use it to talk to me and I can use it to talk to them. What more do you need???

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    Why not as a phone expense......
    Maybe HMRC would recognize that it's great as a gadget and carp as a phone and disallow it??

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
    on as serious note, can i get the iphone as an mp3 expense?
    Why not as a phone expense......

Leave a comment:

• css_jay99
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    If you want an iPod touch, why don't you just get an iPhone?
    on as serious note, can i get the iphone as an mp3 expense?

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    If you want an iPod touch, why don't you just get an iPhone?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    (sigh) now I see why HMRC doesn't like some of you people.

Answer: none, I am not a thief.
    On the other hand, you are self-righteous. Well done!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    At one place, a new boy was summoned to the IT Directors office.

- What's this beer here?
    - It was just the one, with my meal - I thought that'd be ok.
    - Certainly not - we expect a much larger bar bill than that. You make the rest of us look bad. Don't do it again.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    When I was a permie, working at customer site and staying in hotels, we used to put vast quantities of booze through on expenses as "pudding".
    When i worked as a permie we didn't even bother hiding the booze, just hand in the entire receipt:

Beer €5
    Burger €10
    Beer €5
    Beer €5
    Beer €5
    Beer €5
    Beer €5
    Beer €5
    Whisky €7
    Whisky €7
    Whisky €7

I was never once pulled up on expenses, even managed to get a case of duty free beers on the expense account once

Probably explains why they went bust

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    It's a carcinogen !! be careful .....

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/co...and_Cancer.asp
    Yes that report is very definitive isn't it

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post

I remember them. Home development PS kits? Came in a sexy black/dark grey colour as I recall.
    Yup, I'm trying to get a couple of PS3's for R&D purposes - Cell processor, dontchaknow...

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Evening meal. What was very cheeky (and wrong, I wouldn't do it now - I was young and foolish ), was that there were six of us and we all put the whole bill through expenses. A net profit at the tax-payers expense.
    When I was a permie, working at customer site and staying in hotels, we used to put vast quantities of booze through on expenses as "pudding".

Those must have been the most expensive, gold-leaf encrusted truffle-laden puddings ever

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    MP4 player for my hubby's Xmas pressie last year - very good for downloading web-seminars for work purposes only you understand

Leave a comment:

Working...
X