• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What a disapointing week for job adverts"

Collapse

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    Anyway, the last time I had to look for a contract was about 3 years ago. I'm a nice guy so the clients just don't want to see me go
    Not costing the client as much as the other contractors

A few times I've outlasted the other contractors when the cull arrives, probably for being a mug and taking a lower rate than the others managed to negotiate. However it saw me through the last severe downturn with minimal bench time and hopefully this one as well.

Will find out soon, about 5 contractors have been let go in recent weeks. Only a few of us left.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    yeah, its pretty dead out there

was due to finish current gig tomorrow, but got a wee 4 week extension, not much, but not to be sniffed at either

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by kanulondon View Post
    Wow

How do you survive? Or are you skills so specific you have a monopoly
    I must consider myself very fortunate to have been in pretty much constant business since I left permiedom some 4 years ago. Then again, it's only been 4 years and so who knows how the future will pan out for my naff skillset.

Anyway, the last time I had to look for a contract was about 3 years ago. I'm a nice guy so the clients just don't want to see me go

And yes I guess I do have very specific skills that will die out within a few years. But who cares.

Leave a comment:

• kanulondon
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    LOL no I mean each year.
    Wow

How do you survive? Or are you skills so specific you have a monopoly

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Crusoe101 View Post
    Taz man....hope you mean 5-6 each week.....

If each year ... permie ville sounds best
    LOL no I mean each year.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
    Ooo me thinks they aren't putting any work your way
    You are damn right

Leave a comment:

• badger7579
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    CrapG
    Ooo me thinks they aren't putting any work your way

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
    Had afeeling this would be Capg
    CrapG

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Crusoe101 View Post
    Thanks Dodgy, I am red badge qualified and wouldnt imagine that would pay too much in Polska!

If things get desperate a few zloty in the bin may be all thats on offer

Leave a comment:

• Crusoe101
    replied
    Taz man....hope you mean 5-6 each week.....

If each year ... permie ville sounds best

Leave a comment:

• Crusoe101
    replied
    Thanks Dodgy, I am red badge qualified and wouldnt imagine that would pay too much in Polska!

Leave a comment:

• badger7579
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Had afeeling this would be Capg

Leave a comment:

• badger7579
    replied
    I hope the bench has become more comfortable since the last time I was on it

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Try this

http://www.infopraca.pl/en/job/Incid.../Krakow/723542

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    I usually see at least 5 or 6 roles for my skillset each year, but this week it's been dead.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X