• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: .net training

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on ".net training"

Collapse

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    I think we scared all the .not'ters away now. Back to work, guys.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    If only people would decide how they wanted their toast done and not change their minds after one side's been browned.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    lol,

but you haven't described the whole toaster line in the landscape you've only described the sandbox

now your familly will need :

european toaster line for developments of bread, dev, quality, regression

ditto americas, ditto australasia

consolidation line of toasters for consolidating the toast developments in the markets and continents into the global blueprint, again, dev, quality, regression

then the production line or maintenance line, dev, quality, PRODUCTION which is where consolidations from the global blueprint line are promoted and maintained

Prod will of course be highly available fail over etc

of course as a minimum the quality systems in all lines will have to be mirrors of production from the architectural perspective so that any toasting issues which might might stem from prod being a different architectural design to the rest of the development landscape

now we're farming.

up the .net

Milan.
    and since you cannot trust your family members with full access to the toaster settings you will need a few highly skilled contractors to develop family access profiles that differ from each other on each toaster in the .nett toaster landscape

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    not to mention having to test your toaster in (at least) three different kitchens before allowing anyone to put any real bread in it.
    It is one of the few truly glorious products of the world. Think of how many families it feeds

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    lol,

but you haven't described the whole toaster line in the landscape you've only described the sandbox

now your familly will need :

european toaster line for developments of bread, dev, quality, regression

ditto americas, ditto australasia

consolidation line of toasters for consolidating the toast developments in the markets and continents into the global blueprint, again, dev, quality, regression

then the production line or maintenance line, dev, quality, PRODUCTION which is where consolidations from the global blueprint line are promoted and maintained

Prod will of course be highly available fail over etc

of course as a minimum the quality systems in all lines will have to be mirrors of production from the architectural perspective so that any toasting issues which might might stem from prod being a different architectural design to the rest of the development landscape are spotted before new toasting developments move into the production line

and that's only the toaster

then we'll need to apply support packs to the whole toaster landscape at least twice a year and more if other components in the kitchen have dependencies on the toaster being a higher version

now we're farming.

up the .net

Milan.
    Last edited by milanbenes; 29 October 2008, 15:39.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    and you are forced to upgrade your toaster every 3 years - at the same cost as buying a new toaster. BOOMED!
    not to mention having to test your toaster in (at least) three different kitchens before allowing anyone to put any real bread in it.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    If SAP made toasters, the manual to run the toaster would be approximately 10,000 pages long. The toaster would come with 2,500 switches which would all have to be set in an exact pattern and in a precise sequence in order to toast specific kinds of bread. SAP's experts would establish each pattern as the "Best Practices" method of toasting that kind of bread. It would take a team of basis and functional contractors about 1 year to configure the toaster in the best manner, and then another 6 months to test it.

In the meantime, your entire family would need to attend extensive training classes on how to use the new toaster. In order to support end users and consultants, MIT would establish a list-serv for people to post questions and answers regarding toaster set-up and operation. Of course, the online help would randomly pop up in German. But once it was running, you'd get the best toast in the world.
    Untill you tried a different brand of bread, then you'll be back to cursing the ****er

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    If SAP made toasters, the manual to run the toaster would be approximately 10,000 pages long. The toaster would come with 2,500 switches which would all have to be set in an exact pattern and in a precise sequence in order to toast specific kinds of bread. SAP's experts would establish each pattern as the "Best Practices" method of toasting that kind of bread. It would take a team of basis and functional contractors about 1 year to configure the toaster in the best manner, and then another 6 months to test it.

In the meantime, your entire family would need to attend extensive training classes on how to use the new toaster. In order to support end users and consultants, MIT would establish a list-serv for people to post questions and answers regarding toaster set-up and operation. Of course, the online help would randomly pop up in German. But once it was running, you'd get the best toast in the world.
    and you are forced to upgrade your toaster every 3 years - at the same cost as buying a new toaster. BOOMED!

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    for nosalgia purposes

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied

Thomas,

good lad.

Have you been to the P shop today ?

Milano.
    nope - I can get obese with out corporate subsidies :-)
    maybe I will go next week - for some coffee like substanses

you need anything?

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    that's kind of the answers I was hoping to get and more.. thanks

i didn't seriously believe it was as easy as a few courses and jump right in otherwise everyone would be doing it, if i'd have engaged brain before asking I wouldnt have wasted your time.. thanks though

now what shall I cook for dinner?

<chef in daydreaming mode>
    Systeme, Anwendungen und Produkte in der Datenverarbeitung

Just another IBM offshoot really

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Pondlife,

'As for biting the hand. I'm more than happy to worship at the altar of Waldorf. Long may it continue I say.'

seconded.

Thomas,

good lad.

Have you been to the P shop today ?

Milano.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Dammit. I missed this one.
    don't worry - it was not for you

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    ahhh

Milan.
    Dammit. I missed this one.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    ahhh

Milan.
    s'cuse me
    Last edited by ThomasSoerensen; 29 October 2008, 15:25.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X