• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Mercedes Mondeo ?"

Collapse

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    Growth - yes, because it started from near zero (religion was effectively banned under communists who wanted their religion to be the only one), so naturally growth is high as it started from low ground and now people who secretly worshipped can do that openly. This is also supported by the State because tw@tface president is as fked in the head about God like you with the only difference being that he is not shy to break laws and provide illegal support to the Ortodox Church.

Most people in Russia don't believe in God -- 70 years of communists regime made its toll and very few did not become atheists. Of course if you make a poll then most people would associate themselves with Christianity, but this is the same in this country and does not mean jack
    Have to agree with AtW on this point.

Leave a comment:

• The Late, Great JC
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    I consider it being on the same scale with commonly used phrases.
    Ohhh, you mean like "AtW, you're a worthless, jobless piece of tulipe"?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by planetit
    So why do you say it?
    I consider it being on the same scale with commonly used phrases.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Don't waste your money on a BMW, I've an utter horror story with a brand new 7 series and still haven't got all my money back from BMW.

Horror story features a braking system fault caused by a coolant leak. (Yes a coolant leak in a brand new car!)

Leave a comment:

• planetit
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    I also say words like "for Gods sake" or "for the love of God", but it does not mean I believe in God.
    So why do you say it?

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Oh dear - too hard for you to take Atw? There is a nice piece of sand in Frinton why dont you go bury your head in there? Booooyaaaaa!!!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    AtW what is really ironic is that most of your country folk do not share your thoughts and for the record Russia is 8th in the list of countries experiencing a rapid growth in Christian.
    Pack of lies.

Growth - yes, because it started from near zero (religion was effectively banned under communists who wanted their religion to be the only one), so naturally growth is high as it started from low ground and now people who secretly worshipped can do that openly. This is also supported by the State because tw@tface president is as fked in the head about God like you with the only difference being that he is not shy to break laws and provide illegal support to the Ortodox Church.

Most people in Russia don't believe in God -- 70 years of communists regime made its toll and very few did not become atheists. Of course if you make a poll then most people would associate themselves with Christianity, but this is the same in this country and does not mean jack -- I also say words like "for Gods sake" or "for the love of God", but it does not mean I believe in God.

Case in point -- my mother was christened when she was born, but this was kept secret and while my grandmother actually goes to church (and I count her as believer) my mum won't go to church and won't read Bible, even though she will have a small cross thingy and generally may mention God.

This ain't believing.

You Chico know fk all about Russia, especially fk all squared about religion there, so if you want to have any weight in your arguement then try something else.
    Last edited by AtW; 13 September 2005, 11:52.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Fight, fight, fight!

Well done, guys, this board is great today - there's scraps breaking out all over the place.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    Its a real pity that when you die Chico you won't have a chance to realise that there was no God. Now that's real irony -- people believe in after life, but they die and don't even get to know it was all BS.
    AtW what is really ironic is that most of your country folk do not share your thoughts and for the record Russia is 8th in the list of countries experiencing a rapid growth in Christian.

A third of all Russians still consider themselves nonreligious or atheist, and 7 percent are Muslims (mainly concentrated on the border with central Asia). Slightly more than half--84 million, or 57 percent--profess Christianity. Most of these are part of the Russian Orthodox Church, though some 1.5 million each belong to the Protestant and Catholic traditions, both of which are growing at a rate far exceeding the Orthodox Church. Charismatics number nearly 4 million.

Believers in Russia experienced one of the most severe and sustained periods of religious persecution in recent history. Martyrs numbered in the millions. The possibility of persecution is still real because the government and the tradition-bound Orthodox Church look with suspicion on the unorganized influx of emerging new ministries. In the midst of this turmoil, however, a window for significant church growth has opened.

The Russian church is growing at about 0.1 percent per year. With the population in decline this is significant. By 2050, the church in Russia will likely have about the same numbers it does today, or perhaps less. However, a higher percentage of the population will be Christian, rising from about 57 percent to possibly 75 percent. The makeup of the church will likely also shift, with Protestants and Catholics gaining significant shares of the total Christian population.
    That truly is ironic

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    How dare you question my wisdom.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    I you buy a car for its looks then you should be looking at the Alfa Romeo range, not BMW.

However, if you want a car that keeps some value, doesn't end up broken down every week and that can actually offer a fantastic blend of performance, comfort and economy, go back to the BMW dealership.

Not exactly true, the build quality of the Z4 is poor (built in the USA). While the X5 has some problems with lose trim and poor paint finnish!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Its a real pity that when you die Chico you won't have a chance to realise that there was no God. Now that's real irony -- people believe in after life, but they die and don't even get to know it was all BS.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    .... as I said run along.......

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    Yes how to continually make a jacksy of yourself on this board. Now run along little boy.
    I might be a jackarse but I'd rather be that than a fool who believes in something that does not exist.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    No - but they taught me something more important than that.

Yes how to continually make a jacksy of yourself on this board. Now run along little boy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X