• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How much does it bother you?"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    and if they pay your invoice delayed? does that bother you?
    Yes. Invoices will be paid on time otherwise I shall inform debt collectors and my mate’s uncle in Sicily.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I don’t expect the credit for anything; I just want my invoice paid.
    I don’t care if I get blamed for it all going wrong as long as I don’t get taken to court and my invoice gets paid.
    I don’t care if the customer spends all day shouting at me, as long as he pays the invoice.
    I don’t care about sitting in long meetings about boring internal politics, as long as my invoice is paid.
    I don’t care if the project’s delayed and I can’t do anything other than posting on this forum, as long as my invoice is paid.
    and if they pay your invoice delayed? does that bother you?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I don’t expect the credit for anything; I just want my invoice paid.
    I don’t care if I get blamed for it all going wrong as long as I don’t get taken to court and my invoice gets paid.
    I don’t care if the customer spends all day shouting at me, as long as he pays the invoice.
    I don’t care about sitting in long meetings about boring internal politics, as long as my invoice is paid.
    I don’t care if the project’s delayed and I can’t do anything other than posting on this forum, as long as my invoice is paid.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    In answer to the original question, not a jot.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
    I like this quote: He who knows does not speak. He who speaks does not know. Lao Tzu
    If you think that through, it's bollocks!!

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    I should cry all the way to the bank.

Leave a comment:

• chris79
    replied
    The guy is responsible for delivering the goods, you are his resource. I think it's quite right he takes the credit for whatever the outcome is.

Fact is if you are really the driving force behind it he will know he's f**ked without you and when it comes to extensions or rate negotiations that's all that matters.

Leave a comment:

• El_Diablo
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    When a permie constantly taking credit for all your hard work, I should be used to it by now, but then I had this long contract with a manager who gave me credit for all my work, and was confident enough when stakeholders complimented my work. That really spoiled me, now I got to get used to a new PM who is claiming credit for all my hard work - everything I produce is to go out in his name, and he is the first point of contact, so one external to our very small team knows I did the work or I even exist!!!

I know, tell me this is the way contracting is, am the biggest moaner, I have no right to be complaining.
    I like this quote: He who knows does not speak. He who speaks does not know. Lao Tzu

Remember quality always rises to the top. As a contractor you know how good you are, you do it, bill, get paid and leave.

The End.

p.s

If you really really want to have your name somewhere then do what the lollipop sucker suggests.

Otherwise please ssshhhh, you make too much unnecessary noise.

Leave a comment:

• BrianSnail
    replied
    Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
    As long as you get paid on time, whats the problem?

My view is that you go in, do your job and leave, anything else is permie territory, I'm not interested in getting my back slapped, a "well done" speech, or even a thank you, just pay me and I'll be on my way thank you.
    WHS - stop thinking like a permie, getting the invoices paid is "well done" enough for me!

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by cupidstunt View Post
    Tay old chap you have hit the nail on the head. Sandy's issue I suspect is no-one has gotten on top of her in years.

Leave a comment:

• cupidstunt
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    is getting on top of you.
    Tay old chap you have hit the nail on the head. Sandy's issue I suspect is no-one has gotten on top of her in years.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Yeh, my previous PM was like that, really pushed me forward and showered me with thank you mails for my hard work copying all senior management, so suppose got used to that kind of treatment. Frankly I don't understand why this PM is threatened? He is a really senior Programme manager and is in charge of many projects, but the one I am on will bring him his next big bonus (also its his baby).
    Look in the mirror, all your posts indicate you are the one feeling threatened, insecure and paranoid. Get a grip, he is doing his job, you do yours and take off the tin foil hat. You sound like your on board persona is coming out your work and the constant craving for positive affirmation is getting on top of you.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    good tip. Thanks. Btw: I am keeping my name as a co-author of all work products, but he insists he should send out all products to various senior stakeholders, and he is going to receive all the feedback, then send any comments to me, therefore I don't know if he's actually going to amend the author's list before sending it out??

Saying that, honestly that PM fought hard to create a role for me, he knew me from a previous project and he knew me and another team member (developer) means he has the perfect winning cards to make a success out of this project, must admit the whole project is his idea (that's what he keeps telling me anyway ) so he doesn't want anyone else sharing the credit !! Never mind, suppose, I should be thankful I am on a contract !!
    bent over backwards to accommodate my pseudo-Muslim claptrap!!

Leave a comment:

• stingman123
    replied
    As long as you get paid on time, whats the problem?

My view is that you go in, do your job and leave, anything else is permie territory, I'm not interested in getting my back slapped, a "well done" speech, or even a thank you, just pay me and I'll be on my way thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Is that the minutes of your trade union meeting?
    Come the glorious day, etc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X