• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "There's an IT recession coming"

Collapse

• Bomber
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Recession hasn't filtered through to my public sector clients yet. Mind you, on the bench and looking for 2 weeks - reasonably optimistic, though.
    Same here too, had a few agency calls lately that seemed positive.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Recession hasn't filtered through to my public sector clients yet. Mind you, on the bench and looking for 2 weeks - reasonably optimistic, though.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    tape changers
    worms

Leave a comment:

• Stan.goodvibes
    replied
    What a waste of resource this thread is. I'm always amazed at people who want to make predictions about the future or negative comments about our prospects.

My life's fantastic at the moment - I have a roof over my head, food on the table, spare money to spend. Next year I might be struggling to find a job, or I might get run over by a bus or win lotto - who cares?

You sit there worrying about what may or may not happen down the road, I'm gonna carrry on enjoying my present existence, and generally being happy.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Well lads,

the Benes invoicing radar says there's an IT recession coming.

Batten down the hatches, implement 'whatever it takes' mode and use it when applying for contracts.

Looking at the headcount on this forum today, I wonder how many of us will still be here this time next year ?

Good luck everybody, we're gonna need it.

Milan.
    People will always need backups.

Leave a comment:

• shoes
    replied
    A recession coming? Really? Now theres some insightful analysis. I wonder if the media are going to pick up on this and start running some economy based stories for a change ?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    And what's your termination clause? nobody is secure, we are all hanging on in there.
    The permies at clientco are useless. I left for 6 months in 2006 - took me 6 months to trace down all the stupid bugs, memory leaks etc.

If I go I will be better off personally. And they will be worse off.

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    My contract just extended until Oct next year.
    And what's your termination clause? nobody is secure, we are all hanging on in there.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    My contract just extended until Oct next year.

Leave a comment:

• Viktor
    replied
    So here comes the question how "liquid" are your assets? Ca$$h or property or stocks?

I fear that this one will NOT be like 2003 and playing by the same rules will be WRONG. This one is the new GREAT DEPRESSION...

You heard it here first!!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    It cracks me up, there's a recession coming and dip sticks on here in cloud cookoo land are opening materialistic threads about stuff they dream of owning
    You need dreams to get through the nightmare (if you base your happiness on wealth and materialism).

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    lads fear not

Benes invoicing ltd is signed up until middle of next year

just the rest of them I am worried for

us .Netters will ride out the storm

the rest may not

the big companies running .Net will always need blaggers like us to tell them we are keeping the ship afloat

Milan.
    tape changers

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    There's an IT recession coming
    Coming?!?! It's fcking here already.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Well lads,

the Benes invoicing radar says there's an IT recession coming.

Batten down the hatches, implement 'whatever it takes' mode and use it when applying for contracts.

Looking at the headcount on this forum today, I wonder how many of us will still be here this time next year ?

Good luck everybody, we're gonna need it.

Milan.
    If even milan had managed to realise that, then it must be really true.

Well, it's time to act as any other italian real man..... (go back to parents ).

Leave a comment:

• Advocate
    replied
    I'm turning down any extension to return to the land of the oppressive, over intrustive, surveillance society.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X