• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Maplin Rant

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Maplin Rant"

Collapse

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by dwm009 View Post
    Someone's switched on today!
    *sigh* This thread is becoming electric.

Leave a comment:

• BrianSnail
    replied
    Originally posted by Advocate View Post
    You just couldn't resistor could you?
    Someone's switched on today!

Leave a comment:

• Advocate
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    i love curries!

chicken jalfrezi
    pilau rice
    sag aloo
    tarka daal
    peshwari naan
    and some
    popadoms for afters
    please
    You just couldn't resistor could you?

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    i love curries!

chicken jalfrezi
    pilau rice
    sag aloo
    tarka daal
    peshwari naan
    and some
    popadoms for afters
    please
    Did you want fries with that?

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
    Currys .digital

I don't like Curry's that much. Only ever go in there to get some batteries or some headphones in a hurry.
    Last time I went there I was buying a new digital camera for my wife. I managed to get them to match the best online price I could find and throw in the other things which the website was offering. I'd never pay their full price.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    i love curries!

chicken jalfrezi
    pilau rice
    sag aloo
    tarka daal
    peshwari naan
    and some
    popadoms for afters
    please

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    All well and good but I tend to be away from home a lot - although I suppose I did get my new phone delivered to my hotel.

I wish they would make an effort if they are going to bother having shops at all - I really don't like having to go to Dixonsinstead - they really are scum.
    Currys .digital

I don't like Curry's that much. Only ever go in there to get some batteries or some headphones in a hurry.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
    Their delivery service is pretty good - I've used that before - saves having to deal with the numpties in store.
    All well and good but I tend to be away from home a lot - although I suppose I did get my new phone delivered to my hotel.

I wish they would make an effort if they are going to bother having shops at all - I really don't like having to go to Dixons instead - they really are scum.

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    Their delivery service is pretty good - I've used that before - saves having to deal with the numpties in store.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by pmeswani View Post

Maplins is a decent store, just the staff are fairly crap.
    i.e. not decent then - I want the whole package - as in someone available to sell me something in under 4 hours and without having to visit 65 different counters on 7 floors to get my paperwork stamped.

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I didn't realise they had Maplin in the south.
    Somehow "Hello Campers" comes to mind. But I could be thinking of something else.

Hidi-Hi!!!

Maplins is a decent store, just the staff are fairly crap.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    how would you know?

<edit - that was close dp, very close>

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    It's like a sex shop for geeks.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I didn't realise they had Maplin in the south.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    started a topic Maplin Rant

Maplin Rant

It's like I imagine the State run shops in the Eastern Bloc were - but with items in stock. Everyone is far too busy without pesky customers coming in trying to buy stuff. Or maybe it's because I'm in the South.

Working...
X