• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Afghan family living in £1.2M house have silk furnishings"

Collapse

• tay
    replied
    Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    You felt the need to type out laughter? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Thank you...
    Your thanks is appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    You always know people are struggling when they highlight typos, I make lots of them, knock yourself out sunshine.

HAHAHAHA
    You felt the need to type out laughter? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Thank you...

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Come on, it is only 2 letters, even someone as intellectually challenged as you can get that right! If you really really concentrate!
    You always know people are struggling when they highlight typos, I make lots of them, knock yourself out sunshine.

HAHAHAHA

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    You felt the need ot type out laughter? Brilliant. You are a credit to LG, I am sure he is very happy to know you are supporting him.
    Come on, it is only 2 letters, even someone as intellectually challenged as you can get that right! If you really really concentrate!

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    HAHAHA, I agree with LG...you are a tnuc!!
    You felt the need ot type out laughter? Brilliant. You are a credit to LG, I am sure he is very happy to know you are supporting him.

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    I dont think its a good idea to bypass the word filter... but given his previous statements in this thread, I dont think common sense is his strongest area...
    HAHAHA, I agree with LG...you are a tnuc!!

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    Ah, wondered how you bypassed the tuliper.
    I dont think its a good idea to bypass the word filter... but given his previous statements in this thread, I dont think common sense is his strongest area...

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Silly immature swearing
    Such a potty mouth!

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Ah, wondered how you bypassed the tuliper.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Tax evasion on the part of visiting workers can be stopped, e.g. by starting with the default of PAYE deducted directly from client/agent, and making people prove they qualify to run a Ltd Co instead; but many of the more vocal on here would oppose that as government interference in real business etc.

As for countries of origin, I'd be tempted to guess that immigration from similar cultures (e.g. Oz, NZ, Canada, even US) is no problem at all, certainly less than immigration from the slightly less similar countries in the EU who have no restrictions. I'd try to negotiate agreements with those similar countries, but in the absence of them, I'd just let those guys in anyway.

This is a culture-based generalisation, not a racist prejudice.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    [edit]Facing the wrath of the ferrety one.
    Last edited by The Lone Gunman; 14 October 2008, 11:23.

Leave a comment:

• Weltchy
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Funny that, I was taliking to Girly about "The Princess Bride" at the weekend...
    Ah, nostalgia.....

It was on a few weeks back. My g/f got back from gym, saw it on TV and said, whats this crap then, and proceeded to turn the channel over and watch Home and Away.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Funny that, I was taliking to Girly about "The Princess Bride" at the weekend...
    yes yes.. we know you have a girly now, can you stop finding threads to tell everyone about it at every chance you get? I know you are excited about getting a 'female' for the first time in years but calm down.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    OK, fair enough. I take it back. All antipodeans are not tax dodging scum. Apparently they all pay a fair amount of tax and do not use dodgy offshore schemes and then do a runner with the money. The antipodeans who used to post on here never existed and/or lied about their schemes.
    Apology accepted.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    OK, fair enough. I take it back. All antipodeans are not tax dodging scum. Apparently they all pay a fair amount of tax and do not use dodgy offshore schemes and then do a runner with the money. The antipodeans who used to post on here never existed and/or lied about their schemes.
    lieing on cuk?

surely not....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X