• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Out of Thin Air (TM) Village Idiot of the Week competition"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Looks like we'll need a larger van for Village Idiot outings.
    Can I drive please? Where are we going? I do hope its the imperial war museum(bedlam) again!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by cupidstunt View Post
    Remind me to start an AGW thread next week so you can make the final.
    Looks like we'll need a larger van for Village Idiot outings.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    I insisted it was still HQed in HK. It has moved to London. Doh.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    You're big enough to admit it, which lets you off in my book. Not like any of us here haven't occasionally got it completely wrong ...
    Back in the 80's a mate of mine went to work in Honkers as a copper. He sent me lots of pictures and post cards and letters while he was there. One that stuck was because he had been called to the Honkers and Shankers HQ. I was well impressed because he had been to the HQ of what was one of if not the biggest banks in the world. So I knew where its HQ was. I had just missed the fact that they had moved a bit, recently. It is not as if I was making it up is it.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Lonegunman for insisting that HSBC was a HK/Shanghai bank cause it says so in the letters.
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It was until it moved. Easy mistake to make.
    http://www.hsbc.com/1/2/about-hsbc

What's the argument?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by cupidstunt View Post
    That would be next weeks final then

Leave a comment:

• cupidstunt
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Contestants have to come up with Out of Thin Air(TM) assertions which they obtained from their voices in their head.

The finalists are

atW - for asserting that most City institutions were recipients of tax-payers money, when this is clearly a crock of crap.

Cybercretin - for asserting that the ECB followed the BoEs lead in cutting interest rates yesterday (when it was clearly a coordinated effort by about 6 countries) and for asserting that Life prisoners serve an average of 6 years when this is clearly another crock of steaming turd manure.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You're big enough to admit it, which lets you off in my book. Not like any of us here haven't occasionally got it completely wrong ...

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Lonegunman for insisting that HSBC was a HK/Shanghai bank cause it says so in the letters.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    every schoolboy's favourite kind.
    Ahem!

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    every schoolboys favourite kind.
    Dammit, I changed that straight away and you still picked it up in the 60s window available.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    careful - he's out of jail now you know.
    Where I come from that's nothing unusual

That and the funny walk, for a few weeks.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    LG to be fair maid a schoolboy error.
    every schoolboys favourite kind.
    Last edited by DS23; 9 October 2008, 14:27. Reason: grr

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    careful - he's out of jail now you know.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    But I'd still give it to Cyberman, cause he demonstrably talked a load of bollocks, whereas we suspect AtW is talking bollocks, but we can't prove it and LG to be fair made a schoolboy error.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X