• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: No more speeding

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "No more speeding"

Collapse

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    For inspiration on valid registrations that you don't mind if the real owners (who happen to have the same make/model car as you, so probably helps if you've a Focus not R8!) take the rap, make a list of all the knobs at ex-clientco. I'm on my second sheet already and I only started listing them a couple of minutes ago.

Cough..... Wlimslow

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Good idea, but overcomplicated.
    I had also considered an anti radar device that transmits on the received frequency. Bounce the signals back at a rate that shows you doing 300 mph.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    K.I.S.S.

Simply buy a blank plate with a metal backing then use magnetic alphanumerics to design your own registration. Then change the registration once it's attracted enough 'heat'.

For inspiration on valid registrations that you don't mind if the real owners (who happen to have the same make/model car as you, so probably helps if you've a Focus not R8!) take the rap, make a list of all the knobs at ex-clientco. I'm on my second sheet already and I only started listing them a couple of minutes ago.

On a more technological front, set up an ANPR like the rozzers have that identifies other cars of the same make/model and stores their numberplate for later use. As the icing on the cake, have it linked to your swinky electronic plates so the registration can be updated either in real time if you're cheeky, or at the push of a button.
    One of my patent "get your own back" solutions has been to have a car that matches the person who you want to shaft. Put their number on it then trip every camera you can find. Then put the plates back.
    A couple of taxi drivers did that to our local senior police officer and the guy in charge of speed cameras at the local council.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    K.I.S.S.

Simply buy a blank plate with a metal backing then use magnetic alphanumerics to design your own registration. Then change the registration once it's attracted enough 'heat'.

On a more technological front, set up an ANPR like the rozzers have that identifies other cars of the same make/model and stores their numberplate for later use. As the icing on the cake, have it linked to your swanky electronic plates so the registration can be updated either in real time if you're cheeky, or at the push of a button.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    My solution was LED based too, but I wanted them to be black and yellow when off (so the plate is readable) but all one colour when on. Strobe them fast enough for the human eye to read them but in such a way as the shutter speed for the camera only gets an unreadable dot pattern. Or all black (or yellow) in response to the flash if poss.
    Good idea, but overcomplicated.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    The answer is...

High power infra-red LEDs fitted behind a semi transluscent numberplate.

CCD devices will be dazzled by the infra-red and so will not be able to "see" the registration number.

Churchill - In "I R AN ENGINEER" mode!
    My solution was LED based too, but I wanted them to be black and yellow when off (so the plate is readable) but all one colour when on. Strobe them fast enough for the human eye to read them but in such a way as the shutter speed for the camera only gets an unreadable dot pattern. Or all black (or yellow) in response to the flash if poss.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    The answer is...

High power infra-red LEDs fitted behind a semi transluscent numberplate.

CCD devices will be dazzled by the infra-red and so will not be able to "see" the registration number.

Churchill - In "I R AN ENGINEER" mode!

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Use cruise control
    Agreed and very handy it is too.

Set at 69 mph on the motorway and sit back and rest the feet.

Leave a comment:

• Stan.goodvibes
    replied
    Pop onto Facebook and steal a few identities, then register your car under their indentity, so someone else gets all the tickets.

You can pay for the registration with their credit card as well...

...and you may as well get a mortgage under their name to pay for a Veyron since you won't be needing to worry about speed cameras any more.

This week oi 'ave mostly been... Janine Buttersworth of Uxbridge

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Great argument. Because the only way to keep to the speed limit is to stare at the clock.
    l

Use cruise control

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    What's the punishment for not having plates on your car?

If we were french we'd be ripping them off and burning them, but as brits we'll co
    Er no. They even have a law about how you must fix your plates on in France and they enforce it. They also have speed cameras.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    What's the punishment for not having plates on your car?

If we were french we'd be ripping them off and burning them, but as brits we'll continue to take whatever pegging the govermin dreams up next.

Maybe we should organise a day when we all take them off at the same time, they can't do us all! Maybe start a compo fund for those caught, sort of an insurance against twatist laws.

I'm up for it, as long as it's not organised for April 1st.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    generally not as much moaning about this as would have expected. is the general consensus that this is a good thing then?

I think its more and more nanny-statism and despise it. At least with the fixed cameras you've got a fighting chance of getting away with it.
    No they are ******* not.

Oh the motorway particularly the M3 they are ******* nuisance. Especially because you get the idiots who can't work out what average means or those who have to drive under the 10 mph under the speed limit.

Mind you the only time when I've suffered them in a built up area in West London in a 20mph zone the locals had a habit of walking into the road without looking. It wouldn't have been so bad if they weren't pushing prams or dragging little kids with them.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    well now we know what Thevoice thinks of you. Whoever he is

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Unfortunately most accidents involve other people
    Mine didn't. I wrapped a sports car round a tree on my own.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X