• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Copy Cat

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Copy Cat"

Collapse

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Ah.

Can somebody please start posting some positive things about contracting for banks here in the UK? Please? Anyone?
    It's not as bad as Iceland

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Advocate
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Ah.

Can somebody please start posting some positive things about contracting for banks here in the UK? Please? Anyone?

I'm getting mixed messages of 'run away, fast, run for the hills and find a bunker'... and 'snap their hand off, settle in, buy polyester ties and burn in permie hell for the next few months'.

And the office looks like a wasteland. 80% of desks empty.
    I hope it picks up in the new year.....

I also hope I'll win the lottery!

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Ah.

I'm getting mixed messages of 'run away, fast, run for the hills and find a bunker'... and 'snap their hand off, settle in, buy polyester ties and burn in permie hell for the next few months'.

And the office looks like a wasteland. 80% of desks empty.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    A PM I know working for a large telco has been given 4 weeks notice and asked me about contracting. I gave him encouraging noises but didn't want to depress him too much with reports that the PM market is more pants than other others.
    Quite true, sadly. That is what I do.

A quick search using CUK's contract search wizard:

Keywords: "project manager"
    Posted: Today

All other fields blank (so all locations being searched).

Returned results: 4

4!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    steal your identity
    Indeed.

He probably has access to the personal info anyway, but I removed those.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    In light of the current 'uncertain times' he wants to update his CV
    steal your identity

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    Permie senior manager just asked me (very politely I might add) if I would mind sending him a copy of my CV.
    A PM I know working for a large telco has been given 4 weeks notice and asked me about contracting. I gave him encouraging noises but didn't want to depress him too much with reports that the PM market is more pants than other others.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    Sasguru is your manager
    and I claim my 5 polyester ties

client

Actually, I have seen a couple of them folding bikes knocking about here, so it could be him...

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    Sasguru is your manager

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    Sasguru is your manager

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Yes and quite good it was too.
    Now stop posting crap and do some work.
    Busted.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Yes and quite good it was too.
    Now stop posting crap and do some work.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    started a topic Copy Cat

Copy Cat

Permie senior manager just asked me (very politely I might add) if I would mind sending him a copy of my CV.

In light of the current 'uncertain times' he wants to update his CV and he thought I would have a good version that he could look at.

Working...
X