• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Xeno Today

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Xeno Today"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post

They don't need excuses to get rid of contractors here. Half of this floor is now empty.

Doomed, etc.
    Well at least you dont work at my clientco bank. Totally full here - never busier.....

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    If my contract was terminated now I would be very tempted to take time out - several months - to spend time with the family and live abroad for a while. Somewhere cheap and cheerful where the currency has devalued even more than GBP!

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    No.

I'll PM you.
    BarCap?

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Hmm, HBOS would be the prime candidate I guess.
    No.

I'll PM you.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Hmm, HBOS would be the prime candidate I guess.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    If I get canned it will be time for a 2 year holiday. No point in saving it right now.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    I was creditcrunched by a Bank back in March - projects etc all cancelled saw 90 per cent of the contractor headcount decimated - was a miserable sector anyway so glad Im out.
    Indeed.

I've been saying I should switch industries for aaages. Now it looks like I don't have any other choice!

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    I was creditcrunched by a Bank back in March - projects etc all cancelled saw 90 per cent of the contractor headcount decimated - was a miserable sector anyway so glad Im out.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Gis a clue, British, European, American or Asian? (I know you'd do them all, but that's not what I'm asking )

British.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Hmm... You know where I'm working... Similar kind of bank?

I'm at the 'wondering if I should be worried' stage right now. See the 'shock! horror!' thread.
    Gah! I can't remember where you are!

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Gis a clue, British, European, American or Asian? (I know you'd do them all, but that's not what I'm asking )

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Xen mate. Can I put your mind to rest on this one?

Let me make it clear, there's no point worrying about this one.

You will lose your "job" soon, absolutely no doubt about it.

HTH
    There certainly is that feeling.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied

They don't need excuses to get rid of contractors here. Half of this floor is now empty.

Doomed, etc.
    Hmm... You know where I'm working... Similar kind of bank?

I'm at the 'wondering if I should be worried' stage right now. See the 'shock! horror!' thread.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    Start pinching stationery now in lieu of the future unpaid invoice(s).

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    and it will be your fault for posting on here from work

They are just waiting for an excuse, and you've just given it to them

Doomed, etc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X