• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Physical Gold

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Physical Gold"

Collapse

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    What are the lead times on pb?

IGMC
    You're really "plumbing" the depths with that one...

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    HairyArsed....

forgive me for being dum, i know, i know,

but....

when you say,

'The recent rise in the Dollar is because of the inability of banks/companies to borrow Dollars from each other, they are buying them in the FX market.'

Please advise, if banks and companies are buying benjamins in the forex market, what are they paying for them with ?

sorry for being dum, apologies,

Milan.

Whatever they can get their muck paws on and via currency swaps.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    ...was reading recently, that there is a delay on delivery on physical ag and au with lead times of 8 to 12 weeks...
    What are the lead times on pb?

IGMC

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    HairyArsed....

forgive me for being dum, i know, i know,

but....

when you say,

'The recent rise in the Dollar is because of the inability of banks/companies to borrow Dollars from each other, they are buying them in the FX market.'

Please advise, if banks and companies are buying benjamins in the forex market, what are they paying for them with ?

sorry for being dum, apologies,

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    expat,

they know best :-)

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    afternoon all,

well, the gold bugs are coming out of the seams

was reading recently, that there is a delay on delivery on physical ag and au with lead times of 8 to 12 weeks

somebody was suggesting price of the shiny stuff is gonna fall to 750 and then woosh up to 1400 - 2000

get yourself some krugers while you still can

Milan.
    Í will just remind the assembled company that Milan has been suggesting bullion for a little while now, to general sniggering from the back. Last laugh?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    to be honest, I think those pulling the strings will not let the green back fall from being the world's reserve currency and in my opinion there will be anything happening which is necessary to stop the benjamins from falling - it doesn't take much imagination to think about the possiblities - yes it's a complicated sentence but so is the subject

Milan.
    Mmmmmmmm. Link: Chart of Dollar index over the last few years.

The recent rise in the Dollar is because of the inability of banks/companies to borrow Dollars from each other, they are buying them in the FX market.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    to be honest, I think those pulling the strings will not let the green back fall from being the world's reserve currency and in my opinion there will be anything happening which is necessary to stop the benjamins from falling - it doesn't take much imagination to think about the possiblities - yes it's a complicated sentence but so is the subject

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    yep

question:

what to do with cash and what currencies to hold ?

haven't got an gbp but have a lot in eur, if the herd start selling their $ will they buy eur

is it best to put all cash into chf ?

what to do ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    afternoon all,

was reading recently, that there is a delay on delivery on physical ag and au with lead times of 8 to 12 weeks

somebody was suggesting price of the shiny stuff is gonna fall to 750 and then woosh up to 1400 - 2000

Milan.
    Hey milan

Had to stop myself saying great minds think alike.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    afternoon all,

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Hmm... I spot a plan B.

http://www.popsci.com/diy/article/20...fake-gold-bars

Now, anyone got some tungsten?

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    But it's only guaranteed whilst it's in a bonded warehouse.

Once you have it in you hands, and you want to sell it you have to pay for it to be assayed.
    Thanks MM, I didn't know that.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    But bullion is hallmarked to show weight and purity.
    But it's only guaranteed whilst it's in a bonded warehouse.

Once you have it in you hands, and you want to sell it you have to pay for it to be assayed.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    You have to wonder what the impact of this will be in the countrys who have relatively recently converted to the Free Market - eg China, Poland, Russia - must now view the collapse of the Free Market - and I wonder waht the view from Cuba and North Korea ?

To quote Greenspan from Feb - we are now experiencing a new disturbing, economic reality.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X