• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Future of contracting and IR35"

Collapse

• wantacontract
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
    You are labouring under a misapprehension: You prefer the puppet on the right, who is dressed in blue; you dislike the puppet on the left, who is dressed in red. In fact, there is one man operating both of them.
    Oh, I like that...thats a good one....

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    It appears the UK in allowing single person Ltd companies is out of line with Europe and there must be pressure for the UK to conform, so the likelihood of Ltd companies working in the same manner as now is, in my opinion, not a long term option to rely on. Therefore I think it is best to make use of it whilst the going is good, after that, then oh well at least it is the same for everybody!

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    It's easy. Keep your salary and NI payments to a bare minimum and stick your fingers in your ears and start whistling if your hear the words IR35 or investigation. Works for me !
    And me, every now and then I find myself reading up on IR35 and all the doom and gloom comes flooding back... then I work out the risk to gain ratio and forget all about it, ignoring it is a very good value bet.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    I miss Denny!
    **** off
    Seriously

Oh wait that was Lucy... I get confused between all the crazy banned 'females'

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

Have we wronged you in some way OS? Is this some kind of sick retribution? I for one unreservedly apologise for whatever it was.
    No denying she was entertaining...in a reality tv car crash kind of way.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    I vote we bring back Denny. She used to initiate those quite well.

Have we wronged you in some way OS? Is this some kind of sick retribution? I for one unreservedly apologise for whatever it was.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Has there been any 'proper' business debates of late ? I used to enjoy them.
    I vote we bring back Denny. She used to initiate those quite well.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    a) start a 'proper' business
    Has there been any 'proper' business debates of late ? I used to enjoy them.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    I miss Denny!

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    It's easy. Keep your salary and NI payments to a bare minimum and stick your fingers in your ears and start whistling if your hear the words IR35 or investigation. Works for me !
    Or......

a) start a 'proper' business

and

b) take the business and frack off to another country with it

Even if the Conservatives get in, I don't believe that they will be in any hurry to repeal IR35 and definitely will not clamp down on work permit abuse. Also, any repeal wouldn't be retrospective so current rules would apply for this financial year etc.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    You are labouring under a misapprehension.
    No, I'm afraid I'm not. There's a certain irony in most of my posts in this forum. Sorry if you missed it...

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Oh OK. Let's stick with NL then. At least we know our increased taxes will be going to the flipless layabouts watching daytime TV.

After all, it's only fair that those that can be bothered have to support those that can't be arsed...
    You are labouring under a misapprehension: You prefer the puppet on the right, who is dressed in blue; you dislike the puppet on the left, who is dressed in red. In fact, there is one man operating both of them.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    ... until they get in... then "Oh! Post Credit Crunch woes and a bad summer = piss off whores and pay-up now and always!".
    Oh OK. Let's stick with NL then. At least we know our increased taxes will be going to the feckless layabouts watching daytime TV.

After all, it's only fair that those that can be bothered have to support those that can't be arsed...

Leave a comment:

• London75
    replied
    Do we really think a) they'll get in and b) they'll repeal it quickly enough to prevent us all paying fat bills first?

Or as with most devious governments will they take the opportunity to claw in all the payments first, then repeal IR35 legislation to great publicity once the real damage has been done.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X