• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Predictions for the markets today?"

Collapse

• ookook
    replied
    Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
    US will agree new deal by tomorrow or I will eat my shorts
    Congress will not meet again until Thursday - after a break for the Jewish New Year - with another vote unlikely before the weekend, the BBC's Jonathan Beale in Washington says.

Better get eating...

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Over the last couple of weeks shoved some money into Gold mining, looking good. Tech stuff also holding up well. The rest of the portfolio well down though. I think a good buying opportunity, but might wait for the "bail out".

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    US will agree new deal by tomorrow or I will eat my shorts

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    the ones hoarding most reserves are licking their lips.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    While there is rumour and intent for bail outs by Governments the markets will hold or fall.
    Once the businesses realise they will have to dig themselves out of their own mess they will start planning recovery strategies. Then it's boom time.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    Coordinated with other countries ! It's probably bollards but ?
    Cheers - interesting............................90 minutes to save the World

Leave a comment:

• ookook
    replied
    Apparently the Bailout Bill won't go before Congress again until Friday - so that means a week of uncertainty...

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by techno View Post
    It's alright, Cameron is going to sort it
    Cybertory is that you?

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    Interesting and believable - UK I assume?
    Coordinated with other countries ! It's probably bollards but ?

Leave a comment:

• techno
    replied
    It's alright, Cameron is going to sort it

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Con...ent_On_Economy

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    The rumour is a 12 noon emergency rate cut.
    Interesting and believable - UK I assume?

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    I like the look of tech, the P/Es are good and tech companies have a certain buffer against commodity fluctuations. Shorting ban (USA) expires Thursday FYI.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Glad I topped up on Lloyds and RBS.

Now up! Up, up and away!

Exit strategy ready.
    The rumour is a 12 noon emergency rate cut.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Glad I topped up on Lloyds and RBS.

Now up! Up, up and away!

Exit strategy ready.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    Bear markets are typified by price fluctuations but the trend is always down.
    I have a feeling we'll see sub 4,000 ! So why am I dabbling

Leave a comment:

Working...
X