• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: That word.....

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "That word....."

Collapse

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    That is part of the issue though isn't it. Just how many eupamisms are there and will they all be banned?

I am as guilty as anyone for asking new girlies to show us their [insert weapon of choice here] but it is all done in fun. This is a fairly robust forum and members need a sense of humour and a thick skin. If they can't stand up to this sort of questioning then they are going to be very offended on a daily basis particularly if they end up arguing with some of our more forthright (and often wrong) members.

I do agree that we do not want this forum to descend into the realms of other boards, but this group seems capable of self policing and willing to take issue with those who would be better off at cc.net.
    Offensive filth!

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    Can we use the term "bakery good" instead?
    That is part of the issue though isn't it. Just how many eupamisms are there and will they all be banned?

I am as guilty as anyone for asking new girlies to show us their [insert weapon of choice here] but it is all done in fun. This is a fairly robust forum and members need a sense of humour and a thick skin. If they can't stand up to this sort of questioning then they are going to be very offended on a daily basis particularly if they end up arguing with some of our more forthright (and often wrong) members.

I do agree that we do not want this forum to descend into the realms of other boards, but this group seems capable of self policing and willing to take issue with those who would be better off at cc.net.

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Can we use the term "bakery good" instead?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    If I cant say certain words how am I going to express my mirth at the fact that I was in a mexican in munich that had translated "chicken ********" as "chicken ****" on the menu?
    But what was the font size of the menu?

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    If I cant say certain words how am I going to express my mirth at the fact that I was in a mexican in munich that had translated "chicken breasts" as "chicken tits" on the menu?

[edit]bloody hell, you can say tits but not n****[/edit]

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by ferret View Post
    To try and appear that the board was not inhabited by complete imbeciles.
    You have an upset struggle!! And I am KIng Imbecile!

With the current financial turmoil I am considering letting DP back on tomorrow as we all need doom in our lives.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    I don't find it offensive but I still wouldn't want it appearing on the screen in large letters when I am in an open-plan office.
    WGS - my visits to CUK were severely curtailed earlier in the year when I was stuck at a desk where the people working on that floor came walking directly towards my back (a couple of steps above me until the last few feet, so they had an excellent view over my head of what was on my screen) on their way to the part of the office where the studios, toilets, kitchen and some meeting rooms were. It was like working in Leicester Square (as indeed I was), but with company directors instead of Japanese tourists bearing "Hello Kitty" knapsacks (Security kept them out).

Having one's screen flash up some inappropriate word in large red letters - or, indeed, letters of any hue - when the director responsible for the project you're working on is approaching behind you is not good. IIRC, I actually asked Sockpuppet (the real one) to change his sig at that time, simply because it was far too obtrusive even at a distance.

We all know the rules, that's the trouble with young people these days, no respect for authority, mutter mutter......
    It's the old people you have to watch. Word is, DP only lost it because the district nurse forgot to give him his tablets before he went to the day centre for his lunch

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    donno about that, t1ties is a scientific term
    T1 ties

T1: Plain Polyester Tie

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    To try and appear that the board was not inhabited by complete imbeciles it was asked that people did not use the word.
    Are you disrespecting us imbeciles?

I am highly offended by such prejudice against people of imbecilic nature. Why should we be enslaved into behaviour patterns that are alien to us imbeciles?

The UK has signed up to European Charter on Human rights that protect us from being discriminated against for being an imbecile. Those rights also apply on CUK.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    What's that line from Alfie where he asks his lover to make him a cup of tea?

That's what it reminds me of

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    I don't find it offensive but I still wouldn't want it appearing on the screen in large letters when I am in an open-plan office.

We all know the rules, that's the trouble with young people these days, no respect for authority, mutter mutter......
    Grumble, moan, whine! Why when I was a lad.....................................

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    You see, to me that is more crude than the n word
    donno about that, t1ties is a scientific term

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    nope am very PC ....

well admin have banned me once before, it was war times mind
    nope am using PC with different IP

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    so hopefully that will be an end of the matter.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X