• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Need some insperation"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    what did your mum do ?

Leave a comment:

• The Late, Great JC
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist
    I have this idea the I will get a few chisels, a lathe and make me some cabinets and stuff.
    I want to be ...... a cabinet maker. Walnut, cherry and oak.
    What do you reckon
    My *real* Dad was a carpenter, there wasn't much money in it!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I have this idea the I will get a few chisels, a lathe and make me some cabinets and stuff.
    I want to be ...... a cabinet maker. Walnut, cherry and oak.
    What do you reckon

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Well I'm gonna raise a fuss
    And I'm gonna raise a holler
    About workin' all summer
    Just tryin' to earn a dollar

Well, I went to my boss
    Who governs me
    He said, "No, dice, bud
    You gotta work late"

Sometime I wonder
    What I'm gonnna do

There ain't no cure
    For the summertime blues

Leave a comment:

• sunnysan
    replied
    Prize

And the winner is

1) lukemg with his sobering appraisel of the situation situation
    2) Threaded for his practical STFU and just top yourself
    3) Evrybody else for their "grin and bear it for the money" attitude
    99999) Chico and the Alpha course

Thanks all

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Plan B

Been there and now in permie hell. All I can say is while you have the candy coming in, for god's sake get a plan B sorted out. I am not talking about retraining into the latest hot language, that will be just as boring as your current one.
    I mean something completely different, skills, a business opportunity, preferably anything that is earning while you are sleeping.
    For 10 years contracting I thought I was running my own business (not), earning big money (only compared to mates) and forging a good career (lol). Market dropped and so did I with a bump, I am trying a different game plan but hate being at the mercy of a company, biding my time till someone dies and I may get their job (which I dont want)
    Trust me, Plan B is what you should be devoting all your spare time and when the time is right money to.
    Good Luck all.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Its boring, its pretty pointless but its a piece of piss, virtually stress free and it pays very well, getting a proper job with proper hastles and permie pay rates is a bad move. If you are are really fed up take a long holiday and then retrain in something a bit different !

Leave a comment:

• The Late, Great JC
    replied
    Originally posted by WageSlave
    Ah yes, that's right. It's the male nick that confuses me; big bald man, sucking lollypops.
    cojak == jacko

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown
    cojack is a lady
    Ah yes, that's right. It's the male nick that confuses me; big bald man, sucking lollypops.

Leave a comment:

• The Late, Great JC
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown
    cojack is a lady
    Is that in the "Biblical" or "Little Britain" sense?

Leave a comment:

• The Late, Great JC
    replied
    Why, you're not a choirboy are you?

Sorry, I'll get my coat.
    Now, that one always got me quite perplexed. If the local Bishop buggers a few choirboys , no problem. But, heaven forfend should he run off with one of the local female parishioners!

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied

Sorry, I'll get my coat.
    cojack is a lady

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak
    I might find things a bit sticky with the priest & parishioners

Sorry, I'll get my coat.

Leave a comment:

• The Late, Great JC
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak
    but then neither does most of the senior clergy in the C of E so that shouldn't be a problem...

However I might find things a bit sticky with the priest & parishioners when I voice my opinions (they can be so parochial, so I would appreciate a bit of help with any theological references from the late Bishop of Durham.
    Now, who's a naughty girl?

Would you like some private theological "assistance"?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I don't believe there's a God

but then neither does most of the senior clergy in the C of E so that shouldn't be a problem...

However I might find things a bit sticky with the priest & parishioners when I voice my opinions (they can be so parocial, so I would appreciate a bit of help with any theological references from the late Bishop of Durham.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X