• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "master day trader update !?"

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Actually my wealth is rising. 70% of my wealth is in cash spread across multiple bank and in Gold and Oil and some other commodities.

Boomed mate!

Bring on the Credit Crunch.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Come on SAS how much are you down ?

I think today must qualify as a BLACK MONDAY, 4.5% down at the moment.

Dead cat bounce tomorrow or more DOOM !!!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    Buy Hogs heads, sell your granny.

thats my trading advice for today
    I sold her last week. I will buy her back next year.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post

Pork bellies, Shirley?

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Sep 29 7:18am† Change %Change Level

FTSE 100 -3.58%
    XETRA-DAX -3.00%
    CAC 40 -3.14%
    HANG SENG -4.29%

US time.
    Bailout plan agreed. Doom continues. It's cold today too.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I always viewed it in my mind that somewhere, there's a pallet of tea-leaves with your name on it, but I'm sure the reality is far more abstract... like how you can choose where your electricity comes from...

I'd love to hear from someone who actually knows...
    It depends on your asset class.
    Rough guide, you can buy:
    1. Gold assets backed by physical gold.
    2. Gold assets backed by a promise to refund the asset at market price.
    3. Leveraged gold (backed by a promise to refund the asset at x market price)

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I seem to recall Labour a few years ago applying a lot of pressure on UK banks to be less discriminating about "social loans" to people on low salaries etc.
    YES, same in the US. Many have pointed this out: sub-prime debt was generated by left-wing dogma.

It was further exploited by use of the weath effect to maintain governments on both sides of the Atlantic in power.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by aussielong View Post
    Actually I agree of course. This is sending the wrong message to the banks about what they can get away with in future. ..
    I seem to recall Labour a few years ago applying a lot of pressure on UK banks to be less discriminating about "social loans" to people on low salaries etc.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Elizabeth Duke Gold Sovereign Rings. I've got three on each finger now.
    You are Bobby George and I claim my 5 gold-plated darts.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    Phew ! I'm glad I went for Lloyds ( 12% down ) instead of RBS ( 14% down ) for my trade of the day.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Phew ! I'm glad I went for Lloyds ( 12% down ) instead of RBS ( 14% down ) for my trade of the day.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I always viewed it in my mind that somewhere, there's a pallet of tea-leaves with your name on it, but I'm sure the reality is far more abstract... like how you can choose where your electricity comes from...

I'd love to hear from someone who actually knows...

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I thought in commodity trading, you don't (normally) keep it in your garage, but you do actually own it, rather than shares.

All my knowledge of commodity trading is based on the Dick Francis novel "Hot Money" though...
    You mean some kind of intermediary holds 'your' Gold and use it as an asset with which they can lend to other banks or property investors?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    I agree in principal, but in the current crisis bank failures would lead to more failures, deflation, economic contraction on a huge scale (like global equities -80%), widespread bankruptcy, 15% interest rates, massive spike in unemployment, global depression. The whole 9 yards.
    I think that's the whole problem, but I'm no expert.
    Sounds like the end to every Labour term to me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X