• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How many systems do you have to change your passwords on at current client?"

Collapse

• BrianSnail
    replied
    Been working at ClientCo for almost 6 months...never been prompted to change SSO password.

Not like previous ClientCo....30 something ID's changed every month, some with really dodgy password criteria.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    With ours, 8 characters, mixed case, including at least one number or special character, and checked against both dictionary words and d1ct10nary words.
    Being forced to change passwords is a weakness. They are too hard to manage.

My (work) passwords can usually be found on a post-it note on my screen.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    ...both were major conflicts with IR35
    now they HAVE to use my own companies email address and any support stuff I get a permie to raise a ticket for me.
    result

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    password1
    password2
    password3
    password4
    password5
    password6
    [ go to password1 ]
    With ours, 8 characters, mixed case, including at least one number or special character, and checked against both dictionary words and d1ct10nary words.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Too many

As a result of not being arsed to change them I now have no access to my internal email account or the ticketing system for the IT support monkeys

not that I'm bothered of course... both were major conflicts with IR35
    now they HAVE to use my own companies email address and any support stuff I get a permie to raise a ticket for me.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    password1
    password2
    password3
    password4
    password5
    password6
    [ go to password1 ]

Leave a comment:

• Not So Wise
    replied
    Some 20 systems at curent client but their password policy is a bit a joke here, windoze is a change every 3 months but majority of other systems have not been changed since the day they were installed

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    3 for me. There are loads of systems, but I'm not let near most of them.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    er, 1. I'm very light touch when it comes to client systems...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    We have SSO - but I have 31 others! I dread to think what like without SSO - 36 or so?

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Not the current client, but the mostest ever was above 20. Fortunately for anything on the PC, there was a smart card system which could remember the passwords for each application, otherwise it would have been much higher.

Leave a comment:

• How many systems do you have to change your passwords on at current client?

16.67%
    2-4
    12.50%
    5-9
    37.50%
    10-14
    12.50%
    15-20
    8.33%
    More than 20
    12.50%
    Current client has password changes enforced every two months. No single sign-on so that means 18 seperate password changes to do.

How many systems do you have to change your passwords on at current client?

Working...
X