• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I've figured out something ..."

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I hear the whoosh of running air passing between my ears due to my drastically reduced neuronal activity.
    Fixed that for ya SG.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    So you haven't quite figured it out completely then? True to form.
    I hear the whoosh of running air passing over your head.
    Do keep up, hard though it may be with your drastically reduced neuronal activity.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    95%
    So you haven't quite figured it out completely then? True to form.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    "In philosophy, systems theory and the sciences, emergence is the way complex systems and patterns arise out of a multiplicity of relatively simple interactions."

Are you calling our interactions simple?
    In General, yes

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    "In philosophy, systems theory and the sciences, emergence is the way complex systems and patterns arise out of a multiplicity of relatively simple interactions."

Are you calling our interactions simple?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    They're just glitches in the Matrix.
    Emergent behaviour

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom View Post
    Are you absolutely certain about that?
    95%

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post

Why you don't see me at forum meetings. Anonymity is the point.
    But you make sensible posts! Not everyone is like you.....

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I think it is because it is an anonymous public forum where any sort of debate is swamped with loads of stupid posts.

Why you don't see me at forum meetings. Anonymity is the point.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom View Post
    They're just glitches in the Matrix.

Leave a comment:

• PerlOfWisdom
    replied
    What they haven't figured out is that the world operates on a probabilistic and random model, not a determinist one.

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    BURN HIM
    Jehova Jehova!!!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
    Of course we can. Should we? Now there is a debate - lets see how serious that stays!!!

Some of us regard this as the lighter side of life - but yes, it is a bit tedious at times wading through silly posts and duplicate threads with slightly altered "comedy" titles.

My "deterministic" two penneth worth ends here.

C.
    Surely the lighter side of life should be in light relief?

All this thinking makes my head hurt - I think I need a lie down.....

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    It's why so many supposedly intelligent IT bods on this board seem so stupid when they argue.
    It's because they still have a 19th century view of the world where they believe it is deterministic. According to these simpletons if only they look at the "rules" long and hard enough, they'll figure out how it works.
    What they haven't figured out is that the world operates on a probabilistic and random model, not a determinist one.
    Surely that depends on the argument?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    BURN HIM

Leave a comment:

Working...
X