• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Listening to Brown Speech"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    But seriously, folks...

It is going to be absolutely hilarious reading your howls of indignation when the Tories return to power (as they will, sooner or later) and screw you all in exactly the same way.

I know some of you are young, and still foolishly believe that one political agenda is better for you (and those you care about) than another.

I know some of you are older yet still cling to the fantasy that, one way or another, there must eventually be some politicians in power who act in your best interests.

But let me tell you now: it's never going to happen.

Get used to it
    This is true - I see Cameron in the same way as Gordon Brown or John Major. Tony Blair was better than all 3 put togetger - who himself cannot hold an candle to my political hero - Maggie

If we can't bring back Maggie then lets have the Lib Dems.....

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Labour: growth in virtually every quarter of their government.
    In the most benign global market ever where even the most incompetent of governments has seen growth in every quarter.
    Conservative: very mixed. Looks like it worked until they did something, then it usually went all wrong.
    Certainly some mistakes, but generally steered the country well through a very turbulent time globally. Compared to the rest of the world they did a masterful job and left the country in the best state it had ever been and well up there in terms of global economies.
    Left growth as a legacy to NL
    As was noted at the time by every single pundit and paper, even grudgingly by the left wing ones.

Labour: committed to "Golden Rule" of not borrowing for current expenditure, only for investment. Almost managed it, not quite.
    Only managed this by moving the start and end dates of the economic cycles. First cycle started half way through the last Tory year which gave them a massive head start on spending. They shifted end dates when the balance wasn't right and quickly slipped them in so the borrowing didn't look so bad.
    Conservative: no such commitment.
    I don't remember this either[/QUOTE]
    Did come up with one great idea: spread the idea that you're the party that is good with money.
    Every day NL is in power the case in point is proven. Golden Clown is trying to do the same thing with his "prudent" label. The proles have swallowed it hook line and sinker. The rest of the world is pointing and laughing.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Sad but true.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    But seriously, folks...

It is going to be absolutely hilarious reading your howls of indignation when the Tories return to power (as they will, sooner or later) and screw you all in exactly the same way.

I know some of you are young, and still foolishly believe that one political agenda is better for you (and those you care about) than another.

I know some of you are older yet still cling to the fantasy that, one way or another, there must eventually be some politicians in power who act in your best interests.

Get used to it

Leave a comment:

• Flashman
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    He's just announced the funded PC's and broadband. So if you want broadband so that you can surf the net after Jeremy Kyle has finished you'll be happy to know that gordon Brown is going to give away 1,000,000 computers
    And the chavs will just take their shiny new Gov computers and internet vouchers down to the local pub and swap them for booze and fags.

How very 'prudent'.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Yes, they were awful. I remember that dreadful thing called positive 'growth' that they left as a legacy to New Lie, and also their stupid idea of only spending what could be afforded. We can never accuse New Lie of committing those sins.
    one of your funnier ones.

Labour: growth in virtually every quarter of their government.
    Conservative: very mixed. Looks like it worked until they did something, then it usually went all wrong. Left growth as a legacy to NL? Stop it, my sides hurt!

Labour: committed to "Golden Rule" of not borrowing for current expenditure, only for investment. Almost managed it, not quite.
    Conservative: no such commitment. Just as well, no such idea. Did come up with one great idea: spread the idea that you're the party that is good with money. It's bollux but some people will buy it.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    i've noticed that - the slack jawed one eyed w@yneker

Leave a comment:

• mailric
    replied
    Originally posted by mailric View Post
    the man is a complete noddy. what's that thing he does with his mouth when he pauses speach? looks like he's choking on his own bullshlt.
    he he, they caught me with c0_ck but I got away with bullshlt

Leave a comment:

• mailric
    replied
    the man is a complete c0ck. what's that thing he does with his mouth when he pauses speach? looks like he's choking on his own bullshlt.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I love this

A brilliant speech by Gordon. Let there be no doubt that we have the right person in charge to lead the country through these difficult times. It's just a shame that a real attack on the Tories took this long for him to muster but it served the purpose of reviving the confidence of Labour supporters and also reminded those who have casually forgotten about how awful 18 years of Conservative Party rules was.

Well done Prime Minister.

Johannes Bertholt, Derby

Yes, they were awful. I remember that dreadful thing called positive 'growth' that they left as a legacy to New Lie, and also their stupid idea of only spending what could be afforded. We can never accuse New Lie of committing those sins.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I love this

A brilliant speech by Gordon. Let there be no doubt that we have the right person in charge to lead the country through these difficult times. It's just a shame that a real attack on the Tories took this long for him to muster but it served the purpose of reviving the confidence of Labour supporters and also reminded those who have casually forgotten about how awful 18 years of Conservative Party rules was.

Well done Prime Minister.

Johannes Bertholt, Derby

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Both of mine are in that one million and he spends all his time and effort trying to **** me over...

The BBC faithful seem to like it:

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thre...20080923172549

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    You should have a word with my mate, he's got 5.
    I've been collecting for two months and all I've got is 6 lungs, two spleens and three t*sticles.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    My wife had a kidney transplant and is on a large cocktail of drugs which stop her body rejecting the kidney, but because kidney failure is not seen as life threatening (as they have machines which can do what your kidneys do-although not very well) then she (we) have to pay for them

Sorry to hear about your wife though.
    That's absolutely f--king terrible. Still, you can cheer yourselves up in 2012, with the £12 billion (and counting) big, fat dud that our Olympic pud pull will be.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Ta muchly. I've only got one kidney myself so appreciate what can/does happen.
    You should have a word with my mate, he's got 5.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X