• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Internet Problems

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Internet Problems"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    I only need one - here!

My internet connection has been pants since I started extolling the virtues of using 3g on here and said Three (the provider) were good - since then it's been wink. Typical.
    Yes, I noticed that too...

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    Anyone else - I've got about 50% of sites timing out (not this one) ?
    Then answer, of course, is that you need to arrange for all relevant sites' content to be loaded onto CUK's server. It's the simple solution that often comes to us last.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    It's the SKAnet, at 7pm it will discover...

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    When it's back, print out a hard copy for reference in case it goes again.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Rumbled. I was trying to short the internet. Fortunes to be made. And I would've gotten away with it too if it wasn't for those pesky kids.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Thank you for calling the CUK Helpdesk.

My name is Ajit, how can I help?

Have you tried rebooting the internet?

Please do so, and advise if this rectifies your problem.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Time out possibly cause by IE updates resetting security (known problem). Don’t use IE or anything Microsoft.
    At the risk of more flaming and/or ridicule, I'm using Opera/Ubuntu.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Time out possibly cause by IE updates resetting security (known problem). Don’t use IE or anything Microsoft.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    I only need one - here!

My internet connection has been pants since I started extolling the virtues of using 3g on here and said Three (the provider) were good - since then it's been wink. Typical.
    I 'use' them for cell - never again.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    There is now a smart filter on the internet, you will find you can not access those sites that are too intellectual or simply beyond your capabilities.
    I am surprised you can still get on here.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    It’s all those short-term speculants ‘surfing’ the internet. They should only allow DNS servers to respond to one request per day for each user.
    I only need one - here!

My internet connection has been pants since I started extolling the virtues of using 3g on here and said Three (the provider) were good - since then it's been wank. Typical.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    It’s all those short-term speculants ‘surfing’ the internet. They should only allow DNS servers to respond to one request per day for each user.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    it's because of the short sellers - ban 'em, burn 'em, ban 'em again

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    started a topic Internet Problems

Internet Problems

Working...
X