• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mr Bronson.... DEAD!!!!!"

Collapse

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek
    <wipes a tear from his eye> (The ocular one)

ps...Michael...I do believe the next round is most definitely yours.....
    I hope it's a while before you collect on that one BGG!

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    I had the great pleasure of meeting Michael Sheard at a gaming convention in Harlow several years ago. It wasn't a large gathering, and there was very little Star Wars stuff there, but like a loyal trooper, he was there, signing books and meeting his fans.

I met him in the bar, between his book signing breaks in the hall.

Impeccably polite, witty and humourous, and grateful for the ale I bought him.
    We engaged in small talk really, I was a little overwhelmed to ask him about acting and his career. But Michael sensed this and said "What do you want to know...Boy ?" in that Mr. Bronson sort of way. An immediate ice-breaker which lifted the mood and from that we chatted for a few more ales and he recanted several ace stories. Had me in stitches all night !

A truly warm and genuine actor, who made time for his fans. One of his most famous quotes, paraphrased, was "Without fans, I am nothing". Humility and humbleness are great virtues indeed and so little seen today.

<wipes a tear from his eye> (The ocular one)

ps...Michael...I do believe the next round is most definitely yours.....

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    When I saw this I thought you meant Charles Bronson. I know he died last year but that doesn't mean anything with Hollywood stars. They had to cremate Frank Sinatra six times before he stopped making comebacks.

Leave a comment:

• woo
    replied
    I saw tonight tucker snog ex-bird of nolans in bill.

two old slappers desperate for money.
    Last edited by woo; 31 August 2005, 20:58.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by WageSlave
    Wow, even I remember him. Whatever happened to that fat kid. Roland...Rollo?
    He was on TV recently getting pished with Johnny Vegas.

Bloody hell!!! Alex Kingston used to be in Grange Hill!!!!

I'm off to touch meself.....
    Last edited by Churchill; 31 August 2005, 13:38.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Wow, even I remember him. Whatever happened to that fat kid. Roland...Rollo?

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Looks like he came out of lightspeed too close to the system...

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Ah, not Charles then.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I think it was Gripper in Bronsons day

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    For those of a certain age...

Tucker'll be upset then!

He was post Tucker

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Sad news indeed. I spent an evening in a bar with him once and he was an incredibly funny drinking companion.

Leave a comment:

• Briggers
    replied
    Can't believe that made the news. Still, it brought back fond childhood memories of watching the Grange Hill kids hide Mr Bronson's wig when he went swimming...

Kids today with their DVDs and t'internet thingy. Don't know what entertainment is.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    started a topic Mr Bronson.... DEAD!!!!!

Mr Bronson.... DEAD!!!!!

For those of a certain age...

Tucker'll be upset then!

Working...
X